Is Diesel fuel hard to find ? (Heck no !)

Gary Miyakawa

Admin Emeritus
TDI
1998 NB TDI
At least in the Atlanta area, some people are going nuts buying gasoline right now. I needed to fill up the bug so I drove to one of the gasoline/diesel stations that had run out of Gasoline. It was nice and quiet and I filled up the bug with a wonderfull smile on my face as at least 15 cars drive up looking for GASOLINE !

Gary M

eli

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 Cruze stickshift 2019 Terrain
the news here up north is that the atlanta fuel shortage is an urban legend, that atlanta has no problem since it gets is fuel via sea. i suppose nobody knows what to believe though, and the panic/rush to buy fuel ensues.

fuel prices up here in new england increased by about 60 cents per gallon today.

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 Jetta (sold, such a great car) '16 Touareg
Ive heard diesel was 5 bucks a gallon in Atlanta.....

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
Just topped off my tank and filled two 5 gallon jugs just in case at $2.569 in Damascus, MD last night. No line, no waiting.

Roadlizard

TDI
Jetta, 2005.5, Black
We get our fuel via a pipeline that comes from Louisiana and supplies the entire east coast, which was damaged by Katrina, hence the rush on gas. Many local gas stations are out of fuel yesterday and today, so I don't think it's a rumor. I did see three stations with regular unleaded at 3.79/gallon yesterday and the news was reporting some stations as high as $6.00/gallon this morning.

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
Someone in another thread posted a link to a press release yesterday from the pipeline company that it is in the process of restarting the pipeline and that it will be operating at reduced capacity over the weekend. Given this I hope any shortages will be short-lived, but I intend to be prepared in any case.

Roadlizard

TDI
Jetta, 2005.5, Black
Not to make light of the situation, but I do feel really good that I purchased my new 2005.5 Jetta back in May. I thought that gas prices might reach $3/gallon by the end of the summer and therefore create a shortage of these cars, so I went ahead and purchased my car even though I had planned to wait until August. Even back in May, I called all 5 metro Atlanta Dealerships for Jetta TDI's, and there were only 2 on a dealership lot that week.

poppadoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat & jetta wagons
With the price of diesel in GA. now is the time to buy biodiesel at S.A. White in Marietta or D&D oil in cartersville.Last nite in Douglasville diesel was $3.19 a gallon and biodiesel is $2.46 for B-20 in cartersville and $2.76 for B-100 in Marietta. Take the plunge.

Roadlizard

TDI
Jetta, 2005.5, Black
With the price of diesel in GA. now is the time to buy biodiesel at S.A. White in Marietta or D&D oil in cartersville.Last nite in Douglasville diesel was $3.19 a gallon and biodiesel is $2.46 for B-20 in cartersville and $2.76 for B-100 in Marietta. Take the plunge.
Yes, I was already thinking about them as I had seen a previous post about S. A. White. I live on the opposite side of Atlanta, about 35 to 40 miles away, but I had heard something about them allowing you to lease storage barrels and delivering refills. I'll give them a call to check it out. Thanks for the reminder!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Just filled up my wagon in MA and diesel was $2.87 at the local Shell station. Regular was $3.29.

poppadoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat & jetta wagons
For you it is a easy drive. Go thier when you are low in fuel and take a few 5 gallon jugs.Take 75n to Dobbins AFB turn left to 280 S and turn right on Atlanta Rd. and look for the oil tanks on your left

2005 B5.5
1997 B4

Steve-o

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
B20 was $2.83 where I usually fill up -- less than many dino-diesel stations I passed. I forget how much gas was; $2.87 comes to mind. Interestingly, the clerk mentioned that they were entirely out of E85 (85% ethanol) and that the B20 was getting drawn down.