TDI 2.5", 3" stainless turbo back exhaust, 1.8T downpipes, 17/22 turbos, egr blockoff

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
Touareg update

2260 and free-flowing exhaust are on, tune is stage 2 meant for the 2056, logging and power adding will be this week. First impressions are WOW on the throttle response, removing the exhaust restrictions made a huge difference. As far as any lag from the bigger turbo, it spools up no problem by 1700rpm, you don't even notice it(also not tuned fully yet). Overall driveability seems sooo much nicer. The turbo was in fact an exact bolt-in procedure. Exhaust should be in production in a week.

53 willys

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Sportwagen TDI~LOVE/HATE~
Does that hook up right behind the last o2 sensor?
I have your down pipe and dpf delete but I cut the pipe that goes to the stock piping so I'm trying to figure out if I need that pipe too or just the cat back...

BILLVO

TDI
2014 jetta sedan tdi 6 spd
Was referred to this page through another thread on DPF deletes. I have a 2014 Jetta 2.0l CR 6 speed with a plugged dpf and am going to go with a delete rather than a replacement dpf.
I was wondering what the best option and most cost effective route to go with your system along with an egr delete would be and still keep it near stock sound level ?

Thanks in advance

Bill.

BuzzKen

TDI
Was referred to this page through another thread on DPF deletes. I have a 2014 Jetta 2.0l CR 6 speed with a plugged dpf and am going to go with a delete rather than a replacement dpf.
I was wondering what the best option and most cost effective route to go with your system along with an egr delete would be and still keep it near stock sound level ?

Thanks in advance

Bill.

Email sent sir.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
I did one of your DPF deletes on a CR170 upgrade about a month ago, great work with the kit! I also plan on doing my own DPF delete with your setup but was wondering what this "Passive DPF" thingamabob I saw someone post about was. :D You can post here or send email, either way, would love to learn more about it.

Thanks!

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
I did one of your DPF deletes on a CR170 upgrade about a month ago, great work with the kit! I also plan on doing my own DPF delete with your setup but was wondering what this "Passive DPF" thingamabob I saw someone post about was. :D You can post here or send email, either way, would love to learn more about it.
Thanks!
Same here!

I was going to PM about it, but since someone else asked about it I'm in for details too :D

BuzzKen

TDI
Thanks!
I have honestly had no request for it. I have one on hand. Who wants to be the guinea pig and review it?????

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
I have honestly had no request for it. I have one on hand. Who wants to be the guinea pig and review it?????
Would this go close to the turbo on the downpipe?
Have anymore information on it?

I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, but I'm a good month out before I can pay out for a tune + pipes.

BuzzKen

TDI
Would this go close to the turbo on the downpipe?
Have anymore information on it?
I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, but I'm a good month out before I can pay out for a tune + pipes.

It would be down lower in the pipe.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Nothing like an oem dpf, it's a mesh material coated in diesel catalyst.
If you shine a light through it can you see the light from the other side?

Correct me if I'm wrong here... I'm thinking 2.5" should be enough. 3" iirc isn't needed until big turbos are used. The like of say a 2260 or greater.
I'll be on my stock snail for a while yet then I think a CR170 will be used long term once funds are there for the upgrade.

BuzzKen

TDI
If you shine a light through it can you see the light from the other side?

Correct me if I'm wrong here... I'm thinking 2.5" should be enough. 3" iirc isn't needed until big turbos are used. The like of say a 2260 or greater.
I'll be on my stock snail for a while yet then I think a CR170 will be used long term once funds are there for the upgrade.

You can just see a glimpse of light here and there.

2.5" is plenty performance-wise, but a full 3" sounds a bit sexier.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Well I'm not looking for loud or raspy... I've heard a few turbobacks on the CR TDIs that sounded a little bit like a civic with a coffee can muffler. I love the sound of a mellow roar that a good turbo car can belt out. Granted I know that diesels have a different sound as well. I don't expect to get it to sound like a well tuned turbo 4 that puts out 500hp.

But enough rambling, if anyone else beats me to it so be it... I'll likely just get a standard catalyst. But if no one else jumps on it I'd be interested to test it out :)

BuzzKen

TDI
Well I'm not looking for loud or raspy... I've heard a few turbobacks on the CR TDIs that sounded a little bit like a civic with a coffee can muffler. I love the sound of a mellow roar that a good turbo car can belt out. Granted I know that diesels have a different sound as well. I don't expect to get it to sound like a well tuned turbo 4 that puts out 500hp.

But enough rambling, if anyone else beats me to it so be it... I'll likely just get a standard catalyst. But if no one else jumps on it I'd be interested to test it out :)

I have complete setups anywhere from damn loud to 'your wife will never know'.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
I have complete setups anywhere from damn loud to 'your wife will never know'.
I'm thinking the special cat and a single resonator/straight through muffler should suit my needs.

Again I'm about a month or so away from being able to get the exhaust & tune.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Well dang it! Unless my DPF bites the dust, I don't think I'm anywhere near ready to replace but if I end up being the first, I'd be ok with that and have you a regular downpipe with cat only to stock exhaust setup to "compare" it to.

2 things are for certain;

1) I'll be using your exhaust!
2) I'll be tuning ECU and DSG for RC2!

Thank you for the response!

Last edited:

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Well dang it! Unless my DPF bites the dust, I don't think I'm anywhere near ready to replace but if I end up being the first, I'd be ok with that and have a regular cat only to stock exhaust setup to test with.
2 things are for certain;
1) I'll be using your exhaust!
2) I'll be tuning ECU and DSG for RC2!
Thank you for the response!
Unless you plan to take the plunge in the next month or two I may be the guinea pig on this. :D

BuzzKen

TDI
I'm thinking the special cat and a single resonator/straight through muffler should suit my needs.
Again I'm about a month or so away from being able to get the exhaust & tune.

I have lots running just the resonator on the catback. Perfect sound level in my opinion.

Itsasleeper

TDI
2006 Jetta BRM 5Spd
Thinking of getting the 2.5 downpipe no cat for 2006 brm and hooking it into stock exhaust with no muffler. Anyone have this set up? Does it sound good? Thoughts?