Stafford Virginia, anyone need a4/a5/b4 TDI work? Broken Glow Plug Removal too.

RecklessPrincess

TDI
'94' Delica 4x4 Turbo Diesel (import)
Please help!!!!

Most all work can be performed here except tunes. References are available. I don't know all there is about everything, but I know alot about everything else.
My neighbor who is ASE LT1 qualified has done many clutch jobs for me so those jobs are now possible too.
I can now remove busted, broken or spinning glow plugs plugs from the 1z, ahu, and alh heads while the head is on the engine, or off the engine for that matter. Email me for specifics.
Hi?
I'm so hoping you are the man I'm looking for?? I desperately need my car fixed as I've waited a very long time, long story short... they broke a glow plug when doing a service, and I desperately need my car!!! Please let me knw what it's going to cost me please and when you can possibly do it?? Also am I able to drive it to you with broken glow plug? As I financially not able to fix much more on this stupid car!!! Lol ?
I'm in Bracken Ridge? I will send pics so you have some idea of my dilemma ?
Hoping you are able to help me, you will never know how appreciative I will be if you can???
Cheers looking forward to hearing some good news!!!
#streesedoutsinglemotheroffive#
Kelli
Ph.0401572571

TDI
96 glx variant tdi
I was going to post pics of my equipment extracting RecklessPrincess's broken glow plug, but never did get to take any pics. Turns out she is in Australia, and thought my town of Stafford was near her home there. Oh well.

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
Hey Tom

I've got an 01 with some pretty good mods done to it and I'm getting a slight bit of turbo lag and a boost spike, is this just a turbo actuator adjustment problem or something else. The turbo is what kerma listed as a series 7...never could get a straight answer on what exactly it was but the billet compressor wheel was really sexxy

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mattboyd

TDI
04 Jetta TDI Wagon
All,

I've sent a PM and email to Tom. Does anyone have alternate contact info for him? Reading through this and other threads, and considering I presently also live in Stafford, I'd like to discuss some work I need done on my 04 TDI wagon.

Thanks!
-matt

elcid86

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
All,

I've sent a PM and email to Tom. Does anyone have alternate contact info for him? Reading through this and other threads, and considering I presently also live in Stafford, I'd like to discuss some work I need done on my 04 TDI wagon.

Thanks!
-matt

I haven’t heard back from him either. Vacation? Retired??

mattboyd

TDI
04 Jetta TDI Wagon
Does anyone have a status update on Tom? I'm holding off on the TB change and clutch until I either hear whether he can work on it or I hit 300k miles (I'm in the 298s now.....). :)

If anyone can help me get in touch with him, it would be appreciated. Even if I knew he's no longer doing work on our cars anymore, then I'd look for another mechanic in the area, but I'm holding out hope.....

elcid86

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
Does anyone have a status update on Tom? I'm holding off on the TB change and clutch until I either hear whether he can work on it or I hit 300k miles (I'm in the 298s now.....). :)

If anyone can help me get in touch with him, it would be appreciated. Even if I knew he's no longer doing work on our cars anymore, then I'd look for another mechanic in the area, but I'm holding out hope.....

A reputable source said Tom is in SC. (Not sure for how long or if permanent. )

Tried Alan at Cuz’s TDI Werks?

TDI
96 glx variant tdi
Months later.... still in Virginia. I dont have reliable internet in SC. I'm clearing out my stash of parts. If anyone local wants to go shopping for mainly b4 but some a4 parts, come on over.

elcid86

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
Still alive and well, moving to SC eventually and spend a lot of time running up and down 95, but..... if I remember to check this thread I'll get back to you.

What part of SC? I live in Fredericksburg (VA) now but am from Aiken and the Mrs is from Sumter.

TDI
96 glx variant tdi
Wow, a whole year exactly since the last post. A lot has happened since then. I bought another few houses down south and have been running up and down 95 evading the radar traps to work on them. My trusted wrench fetcher Turbo is no longer part of my team, but he always will be. Sad story that. So..... when I'm in Virginia I'm still swinging wrenches even if I must fetch them myself nowadays.

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
Thanks for the good work that you've done and are doing for people, Tom. It's hard to find a good TDI fixer. I'm sorry to hear about Turbo -- that was a lot of personality in a good package. I wish you well and hope you're enjoying life.
Please stay in touch. MrG

dpope

TDI
06 Jetta 329K and counting!
Well, now that it looks like we've lost both our TDI mechs in Stafford VA does anyone know of anyone around the Fredericksburg VA area that can be recommended?

2002_auto_tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
03 5spd wagon and 02 01m sedan
Well, now that it looks like we've lost both our TDI mechs in Stafford VA does anyone know of anyone around the Fredericksburg VA area that can be recommended?
Same question. I need someone locally to fix my ALH TDI.