Snow Tire advice

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Yesterday I had the opportunity to drive the new 15 on wet snow--only around an inch--car did great on take offs, braking, and traction whilst traveling. However, I couldn't believe it I was traveling down a slight hill and started sliding like the wheels were on a bed of ball bearing off the side of the road. Fortunately, I got it to respond as it hit the soft shoulder and turned it back on the asphalt. Checked out the tracks today and I wasn't far from a power pole before I corrected. The stock tires--all season-- were crap
under those conditions. I can't recommend strongly enough that if you are going to be driving in snow get snow tires.

You got those 18" fancy rims right? those things are like massive wide plank poweder skis. Nothings worse for a dusting that wide tires regardless if they are all season or winter tires.

A second set of 16" rims with rubbers worth their weight in gold.

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
You got those 18" fancy rims right? those things are like massive wide plank poweder skis. Nothings worse for a dusting that wide tires regardless if they are all season or winter tires.
A second set of 16" rims with rubbers worth their weight in gold.
I agree, have a second set will be putting on this coming week. Just surprised on terribly bad the stock all seasons were.