RCD 510 backup camera questions.

GTSLOW

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW & 04 Golf
So I recently swapped my radio from my 2015 SE Passat to my 2012 Jetta. Everything works great. Now I want to swap the backup camera over as well. Looking at the trunk handle on both they look identical, except one has a camera and the other doesn't.

Now looking at this kit:

It seems there should be a separate wire or harness running to the back of the car on the Passat. Does anyone know if this is correct? What I don't want to do is pull the carpet up and everything only to find it combines into the main harness or something.

If anyone has experience with the backup camera system on a B7 and can give some advice I would greatly appreciate it!

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
It's been a while, but if memory serves the RVC is a separate input in the RNS-510, so it should also be on the RCD-510. It's a 26-pin RGB connection. I believe that you'll have to run the cable from the RVC up to the RCD-510; that is, I don't believe there's existing cabling running from the trunk lid to the HU, and it looks like the cabling included with that kit is pretty long.

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
You will have to run the wiring ass it is not included if it was not installed at the factory.
At least your RCD has the plug for it my 2013 does not.
I swapped the RNS510 from my 2009 to my 2013 JSW and visa versa and no plug on the RCD 510 that ended up in the 2009, no RVC.