Radio has vertical red line on screen.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
2014 Passat TDI SE DSG, 26,400 miles.

(Searched around for this with no avail.)

The radio screen, when on, and has a thin vertical red line running from top to bottom about 1/2" away from the left edge of the screen. It's there all the time. Anybody else experience this issue?

The radio appears to work as normal though.

Would this issue be covered under the existing warranty?

Thanks, Tony

rbreding

TDI
2015 JSEL (buyback) 2015 PSEL (buyback) 2016 328d (keeper)
likely covered yes. Sounds like a display issue with the pixels. Just ask next time in dealer for whatever.....

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
likely covered yes. Sounds like a display issue with the pixels. Just ask next time in dealer for whatever.....
Thanks. I plan on completing the buyback this fall so I may let it sit as is. I was wondering if it was covered in case I decide to keep the car (we can change our mind).

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I have a small TV monitor at work with the same thing. It's been like that for a couple of years, and I think it's a permanent addition.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I have a small TV monitor at work with the same thing. It's been like that for a couple of years, and I think it's a permanent addition.
Nice. This is permanent too and you may get to see it if we drive this car to the Fest. DW keeps reminding me how noisy the 2003 Jetta is. :(

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Nice. This is permanent too and you may get to see it if we drive this car to the Fest. DW keeps reminding me how noisy the 2003 Jetta is. :(
We can certainly compare notes. I'll be bringing the 2012 Passat this year. With a 2500 mile trip planned, the Touareg is a little too thirsty.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
The one on my screen at work is almost centered in the display.

Jason says the red line means that column of pixels is tooefed - stuck transistor.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
The one on my screen at work is almost centered in the display.

Jason says the red line means that column of pixels is tooefed - stuck transistor.
Even though it's there, the radio and blue tooth phone visuals work fine. I don't have NAV so the screen is not that important. If we keep the car (doubtful at the moment), I'll bring it in under warranty as I have 26K miles on it.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Even though it's there, the radio and blue tooth phone visuals work fine. I don't have NAV so the screen is not that important. If we keep the car (doubtful at the moment), I'll bring it in under warranty as I have 26K miles on it.
I would not expect any functional issues . . . the radio just sends the video drive to the screen - the drive is fine, the screen is borked (dead column driver, as others have noted) and the rest of the radio has not way to know that . . .

- Tim