What did you do to your MKVI-A6 Golf family/JSW today?

swcrow17

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
I have the same wheels...how about a wider shot of the car to show it off?
Absolutely.....was hoping to lower before the shots, but can take a few. The 235 definitely makes the wheel look wider

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Dealer purchase: small LED Mini-Lite for the 12V outlet in the rear cargo area.

Brite as hell.

ez

rd17vwtdi

TDI
2012 Golf TDi
I built my own USB Kit for the center console, for about $20, and installed it. Setup so USB always hot which allows me to charge my phone even with the car off.
Also got a shorter charging cable for the iPhone that I use as a monitor/gauges and finished monitor install.

Also finally pulled the trigger and ordered a set of LED Tails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dnslater

TDI
2013 Sportwagen TDI
Took off the winter tires/wheels. My stock summer wheels have a fresh coat of plasti dip and new Michelin Extremecontact DWS-06 paid for by my VW card. Also installed fog lights today.

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
None Currently- 2008 BMW 335I
Same as above (in theory
anyways) new tint, wheels (18" OZ Ultraleggera), and a new sticker. Engine and DSG tune and deletes coming next.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

shane.short

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta Sedan 5spd, 2000 Jetta Sedan 5spd, 2011 JSW DSG(sold back to VW)
Same as above (in theory
anyways) new tint, wheels (18" OZ Ultraleggera), and a new sticker. Engine and DSG tune and deletes coming next.
Awesome!!! I love my stickers. Had that one blown up to put on my back window and have the smaller ones on each side. I also just did the malone stage 2, (dpf, egr & flapper delete) and dsg tune with the help of Perry01! Thanks for the help brother!! I'm Loving it! Still need to install my race pipe...

shane.short

Veteran Member
TDI
Installed my race pipe! And removed that EGR pipe that hugged the block. Oil changes shall be easier now :D And took pics of the old stuff. Enjoy!

Last edited:

emerscape

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Lux
What is the name of the component to the left of the dipstick? The top of mine has been rattling and it is driving me crazy

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon; 2014 Golf TDI (buyback 7/26/17)
Rawtek exhaust, EGR race pipe, Malone stage 2 ecu tune, dsg tune, and a panzer plate.

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
Installed my race pipe! And removed that EGR pipe that hugged the block. Oil changes shall be easier now :D And took pics of the old stuff. Enjoy!
Did you also delete the egr cooler? I have the same race pipe sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. I will be deleting the cooler as well but am still in the researching phase of it.

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
Last week I drove out to AARodriguez Corp (fixmyvw.com) and had the Malone Stage 2 tune and DSG tune installed and picked up a Buzzken DPF delete and midpipe. I did the exhaust work at home over the weekend. I left the stock muffler on for now. Below is a series of before and after videos I made. Exhaust sound is still very quiet but the performance improvement is impressive. I did a write-up with photos of how to remove the DPF and install the Buzzken downpipe and will publish it soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIvFOKwXMKU&feature=youtu.be

I also performed the 120K service on my car including DSG fluid change and air filter. I'll be changing the fuel filter and cabin filter soon as well once I have a chance to do it.

swcrow17

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Had two of my superleggeras' curbage fixed and refinished....lookin' beautiful again.

shane.short

Veteran Member
TDI
Last week I drove out to AARodriguez Corp (fixmyvw.com) and had the Malone Stage 2 tune and DSG tune installed and picked up a Buzzken DPF delete and midpipe. I did the exhaust work at home over the weekend. I left the stock muffler on for now. Below is a series of before and after videos I made. Exhaust sound is still very quiet but the performance improvement is impressive. I did a write-up with photos of how to remove the DPF and install the Buzzken downpipe and will publish it soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIvFOKwXMKU&feature=youtu.be

I also performed the 120K service on my car including DSG fluid change and air filter. I'll be changing the fuel filter and cabin filter soon as well once I have a chance to do it.
Awesome! I did the same exact setup. Left the stock muffler and it sounds nice! I have yet to tackle the egr cooler delete. I'll probably be doing that very soon! I purchased all the supplies and equipment to do my 80k service :) Call me weird but I love that I can smell the diesel now....lol

Good info here for EGR cooler delete http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=444291

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
Wife wanted plasti dipped wheels, along with red calipers. I have been battling a bad back for a few weeks, so I just supervised. That counts right?

Plasti dipping wheels is pretty lame, but it turned out looking pretty good. Used Rustoleum Graphite, so it has some metallic in there. I like it enough that I would paint or have them powdercoated to match what they are now.

swcrow17

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Put them on my watch list, thanks!

So, now they are installed, do you find it much easier to use the paddle shifters? How much more if any do you use them?
stock paddles require you to basically hold your hands at 9 and 3...who does that? These allow you to pretty much hold the wheel anywhere on the wheel and be able to shift, as they also extend downwards.

In/around town I don't use them that much, but en route to a longer drive/highway I use them more.

gloaming

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 6MT CR170 (Sold); 2004 R32 (not a TDI)
Installed a resonator on my exhaust. Current setup is now CR170 turbo to 3" downpipe to straight midpipe w/resonator to stock muffler. I'll see if I can get a pic of the shiny Rawtek pipe.

I must say I like the overall tone of the car much better now. It's a little less beefy, without any obnoxious rasp. The sound of the turbo spooling up and down is a bit harder to hear now, which for me is a negative (I love hearing that thing whistle).

Last edited:

shane.short

Veteran Member
TDI
BUMP! latest tank I got 46mpg. Average of 38mph. Loving the recently tuned malone stage 2! Random fact: Polar FIS dpf mileage caps out at 1584 lol

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon; 2014 Golf TDI (buyback 7/26/17)
Coded the instrument cluster to sweep the speedo and tach needles.