Paddle shifter on a 2011 JSW dsg

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
the Sportwagon doesn't have paddle shifters?! bummer.

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
the Sportwagon doesn't have paddle shifters?! bummer.
VW must figure that Golf people want to play with their cars. Sportwagen people are more practical, know the DSG is an automatic, and treat it as such. ;)

If it were me, I'd be questioning 2 things:

1) Does the Sportwagen have the wiring necessary for the paddle shifters? I believe the dashboards are the same, so there is probably a good likelihood that it's plug-and-play.

2) What does it take to recode it with VAG-COM? I'm sure the feature is available in the car's software, but would need to be enabled.

http://www.ross-tech.com/

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
VW must figure that Golf people want to play with their cars. Sportwagen people are more practical, know the DSG is an automatic, and treat it as such. ;)

If it were me, I'd be questioning 2 things:

1) Does the Sportwagen have the wiring necessary for the paddle shifters? I believe the dashboards are the same, so there is probably a good likelihood that it's plug-and-play.

2) What does it take to recode it with VAG-COM? I'm sure the feature is available in the car's software, but would need to be enabled.

http://www.ross-tech.com/
ha! love the banter... have fun opening your hatch manually like a schlub:p

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Anyone know what is involved in putting a paddle steering wheel into a 2011 JSW?​

Does your JSW already have a MFSW (MultiFunction Steering Wheel) with buttons? If yes, it should just be a question of changing some coding with VCDS. If you do not have a MFSW, you will probably have to replace your steering wheel controller in order to support one. To know whether or not your controller supports a MFSW you will need to scan your car with VCDS and check out the part number of your current controller. It definitely can be done, but how easy it is to do depends on what else (besides the steering wheel itself) you have to replace. Good Luck.

Have Fun!

Don

Fordcougar

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (SOLD)
I believe I read that it has been done, but I think in involves a new steering wheel(because the current wheel doesn't have space on the rear) and then reprogramming of with VAG-COM
I'd like the paddles.. but can't justify it... anytime I flip into M mode, my wife hits it back..and says "leave that alone" hehe.. its all in good fun.