Audi A6 Avant 2.5 V6 TDI Quattro

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
Indeed. Full sre (assembly and disc) set is pretty damn good for even bigger power. And has better clutch feel

011coach

TDI
A6/V6
Early v6 tdi engines (AFB/AKE/AYM/AKN/BFC) used solid cast chilled cams and rocker arms, later engines (BDG/BDH/BAU) used cam rollers and hollow cams. Due to high cam failure the later hollow cams were replaced with solid cams and the early cams were machined from billet. You can use early cams in later cam roller engines, the early cams have more lift than later's...
Are you saying that the AFB/AKE/AYM/AKN/BFC cams will work in the later BDG/BDH/BAU heads? Or that the early versions of the upgraded solid roller cams were machined from billet...and have more lift?

I recently spit a rocker on an AKE and need to rebuild, but am considering swapping to roller heads. I started a thread on anther forum here: http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/178394-Audi-2-5-TDI-(AKE)-project-more-power

peace

Norwescan

TDI
2002 Audi S4 Avant V6 TDI 2.5L 180hp
IQ adjustment

Bit of an update, fitted my old race 683 nozzles in a set of AFB injectors and no more idle shudder issue, IQ is a solid 3.5Mg/stroke and no more smoke. I still have to replace the needle lift injector plug from round to the square AFB plug but that's rather easy to fix !
You have a successful login code for V6 TDI AKE?