Chip tuning Jetta 2006 TDI

Jetty2006

TDI
Jetta TDI 2006
I am interested in the technical part of the chip tuning. What does the chipper do when he gets the chip from the car? I spoke with the Upsolute guy in my area, and I realized that it is quite hard to remove the chip box from where it is sitting. Is that true? Can I remove it by myself? Can this be performed without destroying some plastics (and other parts) around the box? Is it easy to plug it back? He said that after he gets the chip he would read the information on the chip and send it electronically to Europe to get the right code, which then will be downloaded on the chip. He also said that if I am concerned about the warranty (and I, in fact, am), he can get it back to stock condition prior to my next service (for free). Does it really work this way? Can he reverse the tuning? I understood that nothing but software will be modified after the chipping is completed (at least, no soldering). I wonder whether the dealership mechanics will be able to detect the changes with their tools. Is the waranty issue really that serious? Why would they care and void the warranty because of the chipping? Would appreciate your thoughts.