5mt to 6mt swap

slamhouse

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI SE
To start, I searched and could not find specifics on this. And a more direct and informative answer will greatly help me learn on a somewhat vague topic to me.

I have a 2006 Jetta tdi with a 5mt and when driving I'm almost always at 70mph at which I'm spinning about 2400rpms. I would really like to bring that down to about 1800 and don't want the tall gap between 4th and 5th so I am considering a 6mt swap but I need to know what all I will need to complete such task.

And my clutch pedal has the infamous pulsation that just gets rather annoying at times. Can that be eliminated with another flywheel or clutch?

Thanks in advance.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Use the search function for the installation of a different ratio 5th. Ie. .681, .658, etc. About the same result with way less work & expense.

slamhouse

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI SE
Use the search function for the installation of a different ratio 5th. Ie. .681, .658, etc. About the same result with way less work & expense.
If you didn't notice, I said I didn't want the tall gap between 4th and 5th. And after about half an hour of searching I did finally find the guy selling the 6mt swap kits. So this thread may be deleted now as it would be a waste of archive space.