NEED help fixing two codes prior to #dieselgate fix

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
P0607
P2454

I need help fixing these two issues before I can take the car in for the #dieselgate service that ends in December 2018.

Having a hard time with these codes; they don't seem common.

Any advice... from parts to replace, or wires to wiggle is most appreciated!!!

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
Have you tried to clear them. I had same dilemma but with different code.

The P0607 is some ECU error code for "check sum" which computer nerds know what it means. If car runs normal this is OK. I was suprised to see it said something about aftermarket chip or tune. Was the car flashed with a "tune"? If they can clear it you are good. If the other fault is causing it, clearing or fixing that will solve this maybe.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16985/P0601/001537

The P2453 is DPF differental pressure sensor implosable. I believe there are two and the pressure difference is measured. One or both sensors are sending out a signal out of range and it is being ignored. It may be wiggling a connector?

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/18885/P2453/009299

BOTH OF THESE ARE RELATED TO THE FIX... MY SUGGESTION.

Bring it to dealer and say nothing. Tell them if there are any issues to let you know before doing the work.... They will try and clear the faults, If they clear it you are good.

If they can't clear it, they will call you, "you need XYZ" and it costs $XXX.xx amount. Keep in mind you are getting $5K into your bank account. The sensor can't be too much (but it's VW so who knows). The ECU is worrisome, but it may go away once they fix other fault.

If you don't like the price to repair, tell them and ask for a discount. If they refuse you can take your car back and go get it fixed on your own.

They called me and said they would try and chase the fault down with open ended hourly rate of $120/hr. I took car back without fix. I brought it to independent VW shop and replaced electrical plug. However fault was still coming up intermittently. Long story short, I dropped it off in the morning. I cleared all faults. They did the fix. Fault came back after fix. I cleared fault again, and it's been gone for 2000 miles and several months. Car runs great, so I am not going to worry. However it SUCKS to have a mystery fault (or mystery fix). Yours may be easy to clear or fix. You will not know until you try.

Last edited: