Front control arms worn out

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Ok first of all, you dont know my work schedule, its 60-80 hours a week and it dont even help that my shop is closed during weekends. If i take a day off, i take a huge hit on my budget. Hence this is my only transportation and thats how difficult it is. I have to take a day of this monday for my car to go to the shop for once.

Thank you.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Ok first of all, you dont know my work schedule, its 60-80 hours a week and it dont even help that my shop is closed during weekends. If i take a day off, i take a huge hit on my budget. Hence this is my only transportation and thats how difficult it is. I have to take a day of this monday for my car to go to the shop for once.

Thank you.

Used to have a job like... Quit and got a life.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
LOL thats why i am attending school for IT field and now I have CompTia A+, and now Network+ and going to go for Security+ (cyber security) then I can start looking.

Thats why my tdi miles rack up fairly quickly.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Ouch.... 2 Stabilizer link one of them is bent, Motor mounts, Trans mounts $1182 with labor.

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
See. It's always good to get a diagnosis from a pro mechanic.
Sorry about your misfortune, that looks really costy but glad you finally had it solved...

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet. They wanted to go off brand parts. I said no. I prefer VW brand parts. They respected my wishes so i am working on ordering the parts then go from there.

Last edited:

jesssssser

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen ~118K
Hopefully that gets er sorted out for you! How long have you been running deleted?

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
oh overlooked your question, I've been running deleted for about 3 years this spring, she now have about 266k miles, that time she got deleted was at 180k miles. loving every moment of it. gets tail gaters off of my back. if they refuse, I just stomp the pedal and she bellows big black smoke, they will learn their mistake right there. :D
Hopefully that gets er sorted out for you! How long have you been running deleted?

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Anyway.... the verdict... I know this is long overdue.... I finally had control arms replaced during my Christmas break, found stabilizer link bent on drivers' side, replaced it myself on both sides to be safe. She drives like a brand new car now. I am much happier.

I bought OEM control arms in case you wonder.