Official Spotted thread

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Eh, if the guy has a cottage accessible by crappy roads, I could see the use.

Clearance rather than AWD.

Now, if it was done for looks only, then absolutely

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
Eh, if the guy has a cottage accessible by crappy roads, I could see the use.

Clearance rather than AWD.

Now, if it was done for looks only, then absolutely

Hmm, but would the 2wd still function good enough in a lifted wagon?

I guess the only good would be the clearance, but get into any mud and he would be stuck.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Hmm, but would the 2wd still function good enough in a lifted wagon?
I guess the only good would be the clearance, but get into any mud and he would be stuck.
Agreed, especially with an open differential.

Plus, If he/she did not space the engine and transmission mounts downward, they're going to chew through driveshafts.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Westbound 401 this morning around 7:25am , in front of Pearson airport. Blue MKIV with TDISPORT badging, spoiler and 17" GLI rims. I was the silver Jetta beside you with fat 5's. Car looks good. Anyone from here?

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
I thought I was imagining things, but it turns out I saw correctly... a 2.0 TDI 4 motion tiguan

It had brand new ontario plates... I didn't believe it at first, so I tried to get as close as possible and see if I could hear the diesel rattle... I wasn't lucky enough to hear much, but from what I heard, it did have that distinct TDI sound... very curious if it was a TDI how it got here and got registered

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I thought I was imagining things, but it turns out I saw correctly... a 2.0 TDI 4 motion tiguan

It had brand new ontario plates... I didn't believe it at first, so I tried to get as close as possible and see if I could hear the diesel rattle... I wasn't lucky enough to hear much, but from what I heard, it did have that distinct TDI sound... very curious if it was a TDI how it got here and got registered
Conversion would be my guess

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Perhaps a transplant from Europe working/travelling in Canada? I know we can't import vehicles newer than 15 years old, but I thought someone coming to Canada for work, or extended stays can bring vehicles with them? IIRC, they would have to take it back with them. They can't sell it here.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
Yes I know for extended stays you can bring your car, but you keep your home country plates on... I have seen a few like that, and I have also seen a couple of euro spec cars with diplomat plates (they are allowed to bring their cars over for duration of stay)... That said, this Tiguan had regular Ontario plates which were fairly new (CF series...) if not a conversion, loophole (or someone ripped the S off and slapped a D on the badging) ? :D

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
The I is red, so someone swapped the S. The I should be Blue for the AdBlue system.

But I wish though, the 2.0 Slow is too small for the new tiguan.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
The I is red, so someone swapped the S. The I should be Blue for the AdBlue system.
But I wish though, the 2.0 Slow is too small for the new tiguan.
I would agree, but in Europe all TDIs have red badging...

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
I found this,

https://youtu.be/HUpF2-qqQSs?t=4m20s

2018 Tiguan TDI. The TDI is all silver. I still call a logo swap.
Nope, still have red badges

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/...searchId=ce0d7f9e-c2ed-0542-bc15-6697834386cf

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/...searchId=e6f0d1a5-60e7-50a9-9d78-d13b3b90fbb5

I will correct my above statement that european tiguans have all silver badging for the lower power engines and the red I for the higher powered engines

Europe never had a blue I... it's always been red... blue is a north american thing

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
MKI rabbit on Hwy 48 and Bullock in Markham, a couple of weeks ago. Also a week ago, silver MKI Jetta heading eastbound on Parkway Ave, past Hwy 48 in Markham. Anyone on here?

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Black, lowered, with tints, MKIV Jetta wagon, driving south on McCowan Rd near Bullock at 1:35pm today. No TDI or other emblems but noticed a straight pipe as exhaust tip, I'm thinking its a diesel. Anyone on here?

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Saturday, north bound on the 404 past Bloomington, beige MKVII Golf wagon, lowered with nice gold rims, with a licence plate 'VWPRCI5E". Anyone on here. Nice clean ride.