06 jetta tdi

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
06 jetta tdi back to life

got a call from the local VW body shop, could I possibly get a wrecked, then flooded Jetta running again after it had set for 6 years, I told them...sure. Pulled the ECU and Body module they were fine, air bag module was toast, cleaned all the grounds I could get to then put the vag-com to it, I could talk to all the modules but the ECU...it was easy, fuse missing. Amazing cars, it started right up. All fixed and on the road again!

Last edited:

narongc73

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Yeah amazing cars. So amazing the cams go kaput for some. Fingers crossed, mine is still good.

kbaisley

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5spd
All of my cars are auction cars. They are fine as long as you assume the worst and align your bid that way. I pick them up assuming that it will need a timing belt, cam, dmf, harness repair and others common failure parts. I would also assume it is a salvage certificate, which can be a PITA to turn into a rebuilt title in some states.

Do your homework and also do you homework on the car you are bidding on (prior history). Be forewarned, with a rebuilt title, you need to plan on holding onto that car for a long time. Most folks shy away from buying them.

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
auction cars present no problem, the title means nothing. Rental cars that are crashed always carry a clear title when sold, when insurance companies get involved the title becomes salvage. Repo's, hail and thefts are nice, floods are good as long as the water is fresh and not too high. Light hit is great. First and foremost you should be able to work on the car yourself to make it worth while

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicle?itemID=23429491&RowNumber=24&loadRecent=True

Last edited: