2015 Jetta TDI Aspherical Mirrors

CsTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 TouaregTDI, '15 JettaTDI
Has anyone located or actually received aspherical mirrors with blind spot monitoring and the heating element that fit the 2015 Jetta?

I contacted DAP who thought that there may be a cross reference to a different model and/or make that would fit the assembly but didn't know with enough certainty to recommend.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I had bought some years ago on eBay for my then 2002 Jetta. They were heated too.They also had a blue coating which eliminated glare from behind you.

CsTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks! By blind spot monitoring, I am referring to an emblem in the upper outside corner of the mirrors that illuminate when a vehicle is along side you in your blind spot

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Thanks! By blind spot monitoring, I am referring to an emblem in the upper outside corner of the mirrors that illuminate when a vehicle is along side you in your blind spot
Those are the mirrors you want I haven't heard good things about these though....heard they fit poorly.....these are used exclusively on US cars so they are aftermarket mirrors

CsTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Got it. I am thinking of maybe getting the little 2" circular stick-on blind spot mirrors. I never saw myself as ever using those and have always used the OEM Euro mirrors but it is not an option. Any other options? I have heard if you place the little circular ones high and inside and then move your mirrors further outside so that there is no blind spot, you can actually use the little ones instead to see along the car as well as parking stall lines when reversing.

Other ideas or anyone use these little ones? Where did you place them and how do you like it?

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Got it. I am thinking of maybe getting the little 2" circular stick-on blind spot mirrors. I never saw myself as ever using those and have always used the OEM Euro mirrors but it is not an option. Any other options? I have heard if you place the little circular ones high and inside and then move your mirrors further outside so that there is no blind spot, you can actually use the little ones instead to see along the car as well as parking stall lines when reversing.
Other ideas or anyone use these little ones? Where did you place them and how do you like it?
My 2015 Jetta SEL TDI has the lighting package which includes HID headlights front and rear collision avoidance and Blind Spot monitoring which was an 1800 option and pretty rare and even more rare on a stick shift car which mine is so I couldn't use the ECS MIRRORS anyway but looks like the only option out there if you want factory look Blind spot mirrors....

CsTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I am surprised that the mirror assembly is unique, being limited to only this year and model. I understand that this vehicle is a US vehicle hence no euro options, but are there no Audis or other VWs using the same mirror assembly/mirror with blind spot and heat?

BTW, either way, I am very pleased with mine also and very happy to be back in the TDI

Last edited:

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I am surprised that the mirror assembly is unique, being limited to only this year and model. I understand that this vehicle is a US vehicle hence no euro options, but are there no Audis or other VWs using the same mirror assembly/mirror with blind spot and heat?

BTW, either way, I am very pleased with mine also and very happy to be back in the TDI
15 was the 1st year for Blind spot monitoring in Mk6 Jettas,

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI

the mirror Shown is on every 2011-2017 MK6 Jetta, New Beetle, and Passat 2013 up
with the exception of GLI's and Hybrids and 2012 Passats and some later Passats which had a pointy mirror