traction

gibbswrecker

TDI
04 jetta TDI
i am building a BEW car to run on the track and around town theirs some diesel competitions around where these farm boys buy a 60k dollar truck delete it and think they got the fastest and best diesel out so i have been messing with a few telling them my little $800 car with 297k miles will be at the next event to outrun them all lol so i need suspension to help with traction any recommendations im new to the front wheel drive scene so i don't know how to make it hook

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
If you really want to get the power to the ground the best way to do that would be to install a limited slip differential(LSD). That way the power would go to both front wheels instead of one. The main companies that make them are Wavetrac, Peloquin, and Quaife.

After getting one of those installed you can look into upgrading your suspension and bushings to tighten the car up.

gibbswrecker

TDI
04 jetta TDI
ok now heres a stupid question i thought i read correctly and with my car being an automatic and an 04 it was a 09a tiptronic trans is it still that because all i seen with those companies were 02a or 02j trans and i dont know what they are

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
02A/02J are proper manual gearboxes. Your 09A is a Jatco slushbox. Not really a bad transmission, but the manuals are better.

You'd have to spend another $3k+ likely to get your 100hp TDI to run alongside those trucks, I hate to tell you. I would instead be happy that it uses a third the fuel those other guys do, and you do not look like a mouth breathing knuckle dragging redneck doing so.

Last edited:

gibbswrecker

TDI
04 jetta TDI
oil hammer you are partly right on paper car should win timeslip to time slip a cummins with a tuner exhaust intake and lift pump with a good trans runs at best a 8.50 1/8th mile theres a guy on here with pd150s a 17/22 and few other items and runs better than that in the 1/8th now against a twin turbo pro mod diesel yea no chance but a 7.90 TDI is do able without killing the bank