www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old April 26th, 2011, 18:34   #1
sagiboy

Question Some questions..my 2010 Golf TDI

My android phone Epic 4G after connected to the Bluetooth freezes after I disconnect a call. The display screen on my car show 'Telephone' and stays there long after the phone is disconnected. I have to manually turn off the Bluetooth on my phone, to listen to my radio or satellite. Has anyone elese had this problem??? How do I fix it..??
Also, when I start my car and try to put it in reverse gear( I have stick shift)the lever is soo tight..I can move it but I fear I might break it. So I try to put it in 1st gear, and then move it an inch or so and then immediately put it in reverse gear. Is it OK for me to do that???
Finally, whenever I release the clutch immediately in 2nd gear, my car jerks forward...I know little bit of jerk is normal but mine does a lot. For this reason I release the clutch slowly, and its kinda dangerous on highways (as I merge). I fear its going to wear my clutch plate out sooner too...
By the way I love my Golf. Its so much more fun to drive than my wife's 2011 Maxima.....!!!!

Last edited by sagiboy; April 27th, 2011 at 11:03.
sagiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 06:37   #2
mischievousMk6
Veteran Member

had the same issue with my Epic 4g the other day. It was the 1st and only time I had it happen. Very weird.

mischievousMk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 07:43   #3
meowguy
Veteran Member

Quote:
My android phone Epic 4G after connected to the Bluetooth freezes after I disconnect a call. The display screen on my car show 'Telephone' and stays there long after the phone is disconnected.
You would be better off asking about one problem at a time.

As far as the first item is concerned;
1. Is this your first try with this phone and this car?
2. If yes to 1, you are probably out of luck. I had no luck with Android and BT in Jetta with Skoda BT.
3. If no to 1, clear the phone from the car, clear the car from the phone, turn off BT on the phone. Power off and then On the phone. Power up Blue Tooth on the phone, and try to pair again. If that does not work, you are really out of luck.

There is just one possible thing that might help you. When the phone asks permission to transfer the phone books to the car, respond with No. (If this feature is included on your car.)

As far as the gear shift and clutch are concerned....are you still in warranty?

Last edited by meowguy; April 29th, 2011 at 07:55.
meowguy is offline   Reply With Quote