NY Times Thumbs Up on VW TDI

gearhead

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf
In an article reprinted from the Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper (10/14, F sect), the NY Times writer Phil Patton wrote a favorable review of the TDI, namely the Lupo, but more broadly the technology. Comments were made on the lack of European quality diesel here in the states.

Interesting article, and hopefully more press for ULSD fuel and diesel technology.

SteveS

Veteran Member
TDI
00 NB automatic TDI
Last night, Speedvision played the Motorweek test of the TDI. It was almost 5 minutes and featured a road test praising the clean new TDI technology. They gave a great endorsement of these cars. I got it on video tape & I suppose I could copy & send it to anybody who desperately wants it. E-mail me if you do.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Steve,

I would love a copy! Thank you very much in advance for your trouble. My e-mail is in my profile for correspondence. Hmmm, you wouldn't have resources to convert the tape to AVI or MPEG and burn it into a CD, would you? Someone would (unfortunately, not me).

ACHTUNG TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS Sedan, Silver (sold); 2016 Jetta TSI 1.8t Sport, 5 sp, LP; 2014 BMW 328d xDrive Sport Wagon (wife's)
If you receive Speedvision on cable or satellite, they also broadcast Motorweek on Mondays at 5:00 PM, Eastern Time. It is then followed by Autoweek.

SteveS

Veteran Member
TDI
00 NB automatic TDI
I will gladly send copy, but I am no where near proficient at computer coping...I meant a real old fashioned VHS copy...all I need is a short VHS tape and your physical address and I'll gladly take care of the rest.

[the unit]

Veteran Member
TDI
sold - 2002 Jetta TDI
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tdimeister:
...convert the tape to AVI or MPEG and burn it into a CD, would you? Someone would (unfortunately, not me).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can.
I have an mpeg of that show, but in all fairness I didn't rip it myself. Anyone that wants it let me know!

-Rob the Ripper