Rear left turn

sonspot

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Hey, can someone tell me if the all the turn signals go thru the comfort control module or relays..

My driver side rear left turn is not working, its not a bulb, ground is fine and fuse are good. All the turn signal work just not the rear left turn.

thanks

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Scanner won't help for this.
Just read a thread recently, one of our pros said those do not go thru anything other than the obvious.
Many of us have problems with tails lights, bulbs are often wrong, bulb holders don't work well. One member had his melting the plastic surround.

sonspot

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
No power are the the wire or the socket trust me I tested it, no power at the rear for the left turn signal.. its has to be something in the front or where the wire connected last before the socket.

Seems like a lot of owners are having this issue, everything else works just not the left turn signal, if I could find the relay I could swap it with the right turn but nothing online says where it is, they keep showing the mk4 location

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
No power are the the wire or the socket trust me I tested it, no power at the rear for the left turn signal.. its has to be something in the front or where the wire connected last before the socket.

Seems like a lot of owners are having this issue, everything else works just not the left turn signal, if I could find the relay I could swap it with the right turn but nothing online says where it is, they keep showing the mk4 location

Could it be a bad turn signal switch? I had to replace mine about 4 years into ownership because they both completely failed on me. It's been good ever since.

If it were me, I would work my way from the stalk at the wheel to the light fixture. It's unlikely in my view that that one wire has gone bad in the bundle to the fixture. The wires are bundled together for both left and right turn, brakes, and tail lights. I don't know about your year model, but the Mk4 the wiring comes in from the driver's side and splits off to the right side below the left side fixture. It's a matter of tracing the wiring. Removing the steering wheel covers should not be that hard and should not require removing the wheel.

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Just a thought... have you tried spraying plastic safe contact cleaner around the stem in the steering column? It may not help, but I do not believe it will hurt anything either. For a very long time I had the "flasher unit" starting and stopping on it's own, so a good spray of contact cleaner stopped the annoying clicking.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
On a mk5 all the rear lights are run by a control module.

If the parking light works, then the driver for that element in the tail light is working.

-J

sonspot

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Sorry I disappeared guys, been crazy busy with the holidays and moving in winter (sucks). problem is still there. with the days being so cold not sure when I'll have time after work to check out the switch but I'm going to look at it.