3.0 gen 1 touarag fix taking too long gonna switch to buy back???

dvandentop

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
Has anyone switched from their option of wanting to do the repair to just going through and doing the buyback process instead I tried calling the 800 number today but it just goes to a ringing busy and I also tried doing the chat but it just keeps loading connecting to chat.

Will the chat be able to tell me price allowed for buy back if I give them the miles?

Wife's just hit 100k on her 2012 so figured might as well trade it in since sounds like alot of 2014-2016 will be hitting the market with big discounts.

Also will be able to profit over what she owes on her loan at this moment.

Thanks for any help
Already did jsw buy back around Christmas last year

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
When I switched my 2014 Passat from 'fix' to 'buy-back' I used the chat function. Someone or something (a chat bot?) came on right away and put my request into the queue, reset back to page 8 on the portal. They said it would take 24 to 48 hours to see the reset and they/it was right.

Another thing to speeds things along, scan all your documents and upload them into the portal. Approved photo IDs, vehicle registration, vehicle title if available, and the signed and notarized final offer document. So much easier.

The first time around I simply copied my wife's and my drivers licenses and then faxed them. As the quality was bad I received an email from VW saying the IDs were unintelligible. The second time I scanned the IDs, upsized them, tweaked the color and contrast, and made them much easier to see. I then resubmitted my IDs by uploading and then things moved along. The newer drivers licenses that are TSA compliant use holograms and that causes a lot of distortion when scanning them.

Good luck.

:)