Total Loss Vehicle and dead portal - HELP

kpp

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI sportwagon
I'm on my last nerve and hoping to get feedback from someone that may have been in a similar situation but has had some luck.

We purchased our 2011 Jetta Wagon TDI new and have been the sole owner. In April 2016 we were bashed into and the vehicle was a total loss.
In September 2016 when the settlement details came to light we registered and started to complete the paperwork/answers through the portal as directed. I have submitted the letter from the Insurance company showing the date of loss, mileage, sellers name (us). They kicked the form back stating they needed DMV proof of transfer not a letter. I then of course sent them a copy of the California DMV transfer and reassignment form showing the same stats (VIN, Seller, Buyer, Mileage, Date). I was then told that since the form was obviously a copy they wouldn't accept it. We then sent away (with a cost of course) for certified copies from the California DMV of the same form. Submitted said form and it was denied again. Now they want a copy of the title whereas it is signed on the back from the seller to the buyer. We had a lien on the car and we never have seen or touched the title. I have copies of the title showing the new owner, copies of the old title from the DMV but none reflect the loss date, only the date the title was issued (clearly that wont work).
Then in July, the portal stopped responding. I have escalated the issue everytime I speak with a live person to no avail. On step 15 for example, it states that the documents need to be resubmitted using the button below - well, there is NO below. The webpage wont let me go back or forward. Ive tried to access through my phone, ipad, imac, and work pc to the same results. Ive reached out to the attorney with no help.
The not-so-nice people at the claims department have offered to reset the portal since as they put it "the site isn't throwing an error code so it must be something i'm doing wrong".
Im VERY skeptical of having the portal reset, i'm afraid that it will kick out my original claim and somehow we will get left out of the settlement due to not have been showing as registered by the appropriate date.
I have invested now 14 months into this fiasco. Has anyone had ANY luck? Should I get outside council? LCHB isn't very helpful either and i'm sure they are overwhelmed...
If somehow the portal is reset successfully, what forms have you all submitted that DID work?