Audi 3.0 TDi Allroad

Gettin50MPGs

Veteran Member
230 HP out of a 6 cylinder Diesel is nice, the HP of Turbo'd diesel engines is getting up there with NA gasoline engines...

I just wish they were sold over here...

:sigh:

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
Gettin50MPGs said:
230 HP out of a 6 cylinder Diesel is nice, the HP of Turbo'd diesel engines is getting up there with NA gasoline engines...

I just wish they were sold over here...

:sigh:
The torque of the gas V8 is already there!!

donfromnaples

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 New Beetle Blue and 2009 Jetta TDI Sportwagon
The Q7 3.0 TDI will arrive here in the Fall of 2008. Worth the wait? You decide. I wish it would arrive this Fall since it is already available in Europe.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
After purchasing your $72k car, are you really going to go ford some creeks? Actually, I'm willing to bet it warns not to do this in the owners manual.

(from the link in OP)

TDI-NEVER-DIE

Veteran Member
TDI
bora
I like it.. but i'm still waiting for a nice tdi touareg.. the 6 would work..
Love the truck but i won't get a gasser and the v10's are gone and are too expensive.. i think the 6 cyl decently priced it would be a good deal for us..

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Pkg2 DSG Navi
In MY05 (the final year of the USA A6 Allroad offering) Audi USA had $5k worth of trunk money in the Allroad, and still the dealerships couldn't give those cars away. You could say, the market has spoken; so will Audi USA travel down the Allroad product variant again? I dunno... can you say Q7 TDI or Q5 TDI?

In late 2005 we looked into buying a new Allroad 4.2 to replace our aging MY96 Audi S6 Avant. The Denver Audi dealership provided a 4.2 version for a three day test drive and in the end we keep our S6 Avant for another year; for a total of 10 years. What I'm saying is the A6 wagon/avant are heavy vehicles and a 3.0 V6 TDI mite not scratch the itch of a demanding luxury wagon market. AUDI USA... LISTEN UP and bring on the 4.2 TDI......

Last edited:

lupin..the..3rd

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat B4 1996
TDIMeister said:
Or just make future cars damned lighter. :)
x2. New cars are in desperate need of a weight loss plan. Why do you need a 5500 lb vehicle to commute to work and back? Dropping the weight will up the MPG's significantly.

Personally, I'm waiting for the new Tiguan TDI. :)

Dimitri16V

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Golf, 04 Golf
TDIMeister said:
Or just make future cars damned lighter. :)
Amen. In America, the bigger the better. It's an ego thing. half of the big SUVs outhere are driven by tiny females.

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG, 2001 Golf TDI, Audi S6, A8, Toureg
RabbitGTI said:
I'd buy an Outback and use the $50,000 I saved to help pay for gas.:D
You right about that. I would buy Passat and use $50,000 to put a lot of toys in it for the look and power and have enough money to fuel it for trips everyweekend.:D

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
Not so fast with the Outback choice. "don't judge a book buy it's cover"

Our MY05 Outback XT LTD wagon (turbo 2.5l, 4 cyl, 250hp/250 torque w/5sp automatic) has been a huge disappointment. We wouldn't recommend this vehicle to anyone.
LIKES: no image, image. Not overly expensive at $31K, turbo induction makes ease of high altitude drives from 5280' Denver to 8500' Vail, 4 wheel drive, spacious utility.
DISLIKES: The automatic HVAC is a joke!! Talk about ZERO refinement! The Brakes absolutely suck, Ultra soft factory suspension without any aftermarket enhancements currently available, (XT turbo model has a unique ride height vs all other Outbacks) Cheaper than ya think leather interior, XT model's MPG figures range from 16city to 21hwy...ouch, with that poor a level MPG, I coulda bought a luxury Allroad 4.2.....

RANT...My .02 Cheers,

Last edited:

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
Donfromnaples... nice try!
Flatirons Tuning in Boulder, CO is around the corner from us in Denver. And then there's Cobb up in the Salt lake area. Sure there's chassis enhancements for the GT legacy application and other Subaru models, however, there is ZERO for the Legacy Outback XT application. Yeap, its the same turbo 4 cyl. as the GT but Subaru chose to classify the Turbo Outback XT model as a SUV for CAFE fuel purposes. That said, the suspension is raised higher than the other Outback models and is unique in many way's. The brakes too.(down graded even) Just recently Flatirons Tuning shipped me what was supposed to be a more aggressive front brake pad set, only to find they can't figure out if there is a suitable pad set for the Outback XT application. (The steel brake lines are different too) I've sourced a set of aggressive brake pads from Japan and there better, a wee bit better than OEM. Been there, Done that with this Outback XT.
I do miss our Audi S6t Avant; 993t calipiers/rotors, euro S6 factory suspension, euro 6sp gearbox, RS2 Porsche manifold, MTM 1+ ECU, etc. Sleeper, a real sleeper, metallic silver over black leather. My kids with sippy cups in the rear facing 3rd row seat would wave to the traffic @ 90 mph.....That car had nice dynamic's !!

Last edited:

donfromnaples

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 New Beetle Blue and 2009 Jetta TDI Sportwagon
Also, Cobb tuning does have sway bars for the Outback XT that help take out body roll. I don't know of any brake upgrades. I have had good success from using Hawk pads but I don't think they make them for your car, also carbon fiber pads have reduced stopping distances in some of my other cars. I bought them from brakewarehouse.com, they carry many different pads for your Subby - http://catalog.brakewarehouse.com/RenderScriptTemplate.epc?_cmd=epccat_VehicleWHD&cookieID=2440LQJK82440LRADI&mode=PG&engineid=33383@@H4-2458cc%202.5L%20F/I%20Turbo%20Vin%20255

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
When I mentioned Subaru, I was talking about the 20k, normally aspirated one, not the blown one. Lot's of mods for base model, gets decent mileage for what it is.