Chevy/GMC diesel/Duramax forums

Turbosprezarka

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI (ALH) GLS, 5sp, Tornado Red, 301,593 miles, SOLD
Can anyone recommend a info/tech/news forum comparable to TDIclub, for all Chevy & GMC 6.2L, 6.5L, and 6.6L Duramax/non-Duramax engines?

Once I started reading about the power and torque you can pull out of these, I have been hooked!

Dodge SRT-10 look out!

quartermeter1999

Veteran Member
TDI
Diesel Power Magazine is a Very good source. It's in the shelves about every 6 weeks

Their website is dieselpowermag.com

I've bought the last 5 issues. Guess it's time for a subscription.

BigTruck_LittleBike

http://thedieselpage.com

2003 2500HD with the Duramax Diesel (LB7). It's great for hauling/pulling just about anything. It's also quick enough to surprise a car or two. But, moving a 3-1/2 ton vehicle requires a fair amount of fuel. I've been averaging just under 18mpg with about 29k on the clock.

Turbosprezarka

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI (ALH) GLS, 5sp, Tornado Red, 301,593 miles, SOLD
Thanks, Ill have to check out www.dieselpage.com for sure!! I just subscribed to Diesel Power Mag, I think its awesome too! I just wish the articles were a little more technical, but being a fairly new magazine I think that will improve over time!

As for the Duramax in itself, it leads over the Cummins and Powerstroke in power, torque, and fuel economy. Plus mated with the Allison 1000 tranny, look out! That is an excellent combination. My only tiff is the body style of the Silverado/Sierra. The Dodge and Ford are definitely more aggressive. But it is a lot more about the powertrain.

From what I've read and seen on tv, it is very easy to safely produce 500 hp and 1000 ft-lbs torque out of those trucks (whichever one you choose) and theres just something about a big ass truck with that kind of power!

Last edited:

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
I just became a supporting vendor on the diesel place...

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Turbosprężarka said:
My only tiff is the body style of the Silverado/Sierra. The Dodge and Ford are definitely more aggressive. But it is a lot more about the powertrain.
Don't forget that the new T900 version of the GM pickups is coming soon ... although it's still conservatively styled. The 2007 Avalanche is out now, and it's on the T900 platform. Not sure if the heavy duty GM trucks are going T900 at the same time as the half ton models.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
POWERPLUS nozzles for LLY. Introductory special happening right now, only a few sets left at that price. Coupon/promotional code is "TDP"

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
Rather than start a new thread, I'm bumping this 8 year old one in hopes there's some new info...

Maybe I'm spoiled by the depth and breadth of knowledge here on TDI Club, but I wish I could find a similar forum for Duramaxes specifically. I've spent some time on Diesel Place and Duramaxforums, but have been a bit disappointed with the quality of information available. Is there a better place to be? I'm getting into the Duramax market (2012 model) for a project that I'm working on but am struggling to find the kind of info I'm accustomed to finding here on TDIClub

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks