bigjazzie

TDI
Audi a6 2.0 tdi s line
Hi All,

I am new to this forum, i have a Audi A6 2.0 tdi s line, hope to get loads of help :)

I do have a issue, i had to replace the EGR valve as it blew or got damaged whilst i was driving i started to get heavy black smoke and loss of speed so i got my local garage to do a diagnostic on it and it came back with several faults like low boost pressure, EGR and air mass, but whilst driving to the garage i kept getting the ticking noise when trying accelerate.

I got the EGR and Air mass replaced which sorted the issue of black smoke, but the noise of the ticking was slightly still there and the car sounds louder in the morning now then calms down after about 5 mins and i don't seem to have much boost pressure when accelerating.

When i change gears at low revs i get a howling noise from the engine bay as well not sure if its the turbo, but did have it checked but there was no issue there so not sure please help as i need it as i pulling my hair out..

Last edited:

AnotherPerson

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle
Can you get a video? The howling noise could be bad. Could also be a leaking boost pipe that opens under boost. We had this on a 05 Passat and it was hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigjazzie

TDI
Audi a6 2.0 tdi s line
Thanks for the reply, the howling noise only happens in low revs when i change from 1st to 2nd and i dont go over 2000rpms also the cars sounds like a diesel van on drugs in the morning. I will try and make a video and post soon ��

bigjazzie

TDI
Audi a6 2.0 tdi s line
Hi, I have had the vehicle check and have been told it is the flywheel :( that has started to go, my garage said not to worry to much as i'm not getting any vibration in the clutch so should be ok for a bit, but will need doing sooner or later :mad: