Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

timeline

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta waggon TDI
Oregon Wisconsin independent TDI mechanic

I found an absolutely great mechanic in Oregon, WI. He updated my failing IP to an 11mm, Replaced my timing belt with a diesel geek kit and was a very pleasant person to know. His knowledge of TDI is deep and his turnaround time currently is fast. He charged 70 per hour shop rate for labor only on the above work was $650 bucks. His name was Casey McConnel. EM me if you wish more info.

I highly recommend him, those of you in this area.

94x

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2002 CTD w/12 valve, 2003 GTI w/ALH
Please update my shop's info:

413 Auto Repair
128 Meadow St
Westfield, MA 01085
413-455-5602

Still offering full service TDI repairs and maintenance, Malone tuning, fabrication and more. Now located in Westfield MA!! Close to downtown, Westfield Riverwalk, Chapman Park, and on the bus route.

More shop space!! Remodeled waiting room!!

D3R3K

TDI
2010 Jetta, 2011 Jetta, 2011 JSW, 2012 Jetta, 2012 Golf 4 dr
DAS Motorwerks
3619 Graves Blvd.
Pantego, Texas 76013
817-542-0190.
dasmotorwerks.com
We service and sell Volkswagen and Audi vehicles.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Remove Jeremy Hoover at PD Autowerks. from the TDI trusted list.

I respect his decision not to work on them, that's his choice. Just the way he handle it was wrong.

I have been a customer of his for about for 4 years. I call him and left him a message to have service done also a wheel bearing on my 06. Then 3 or 5 days pass I said to my self that was odd that he didn't call me back, at the time there was no rush to get it done. Then I call a couple of more time no call back:confused: I gave him the benefit of drought . I was thing maybe he was on vacation or got into a bad wreck at the track and was in the hospital.

So I stop by his shop to find out what the problem was. I ask him did I offend you or smoothing along those lines his say no, then what's the deal then? In so many words he said he no longer works on VW's and TDI. This took 15mins to get him to say that much. I said that's your choice fine.

What really piss me that he didn't have common curtsey to return my phone call to let me know his change of his business plan.

I just sucks I liked the guy at the time:(

JBell

Veteran Member
TDI
None
This list is all jacked up. Nobody maintains it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
This list is all jacked up. Nobody maintains it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post something useful, like who's on the list that isn't in business or otherwise bogus.
This thing is all we got, the people maintain it for free.

RedSerge

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2000 Golf Silver
Greetings!
Please, update the list - The Auto Clinic in Irvine, CA is back in business of working on TDI's!
The shop has moved (it's just down the street, to a bigger facility) and the new address is:
[FONT=&quot]
The Auto Clinic
16101 Construction Cir W STE D
Irvine, CA 92606
(949) 653-0608

I'm working here again and was previously on the list of trusted mechanics in California.
Please, see my "Back in business" post on the bottom of the thread below:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=5119401#post5119401
Cheers,
Serge
[/FONT]

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)

msantram

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 SportWagen TDI DSG (Buyback 2018.01.30)
Looking for a trusted one in or around NYC.

May not have time to visit Les at GDM in PA this time, but wanted some recommendations if anyone could oblige. I will also contact Hevster.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Looks like Wild Rose in California moved to Anaheim
When Harview moved his shop from Fullerton to Whittier, he acquired a whole set of new problems, all because of the regulatory environment in LA County. He had all sorts of inspectors coming by on regular basis, sometimes every week. So I'm not surprised he got out of there, only that he waited so long.

His TDIOnly website is still there, but blank. I have two phone numbers for him, if he can't be reached by email.

msantram said:
There has never been anyone on the list from NYC or Long Island.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by msantram

...............................There has never been anyone on the list from NYC or Long Island.
Try some local auto user groups, make lots of phone call/interviews.
There must be at least a couple shops that have experience in that large of a metropolis.

GermanAutohaus

TDI
2006 VW Beetle TDI
We'll be moving to our new location in two weeks.
German Autohaus
6413 Bonny Oaks Dr
Chattanooga, TN 37416
www.GermanAutohausTN.com
GermanAutohausTN@gmail.com
423-344-0485
We offer full service and repairs for TDI VWs and Audis, including offering BEW & BRM camshaft repair kits. Our technicians are are either VW or Audi certified along with having all required tools for any TDI service. All parts and labor include one (1) year warranty or 12,000 miles whichever comes first.
We are located just 3 miles from the Chattanooga Volkswagen plant between the DMW/Emission testing center and Tag & Title office.

logdrum

TDI
2003 New Beetle GLS; 2003 Jetta Wagon; 2006 Jetta
For Albuquerque, New Mexico

Since the only NM lisitng is in Santa Fe, I'd like to add the guys here in Albuquerque that I have used for my family's 5 TDI in the last 8 years.

German Motorwerke
6712 4th St NW
Los Ranchos NM 87107
(505) 344-6712
gmotorwerke@hotmail.com

They specialize in German and Sedish cars but pretty good with TDIs and their issues. I have 3 TDIs 2 ALHs and 1 BRM that had the TB changed here. One ALH they did a top end rebuild and turbo. Have VCDS and all the specialty tools. They also do of EGR de-clogging and manifold cleaning

Dan's Automotive
421 Eubank Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87123
(505) 293-8061
http://dansautomotiverdginc.com/

They used to do only German and Swedish cars but do other brands now. But if you have a TDI or NA VW diesel and old Mercedes diesels, these guys are good. Yes they have VCDS and the right tools. I had turbo and IP work done here.

Attejidt

TDI
Mk4 TDI
I would also like to vouch for Brandon at SMS Euopean. Brandon knows his way around our diesel motors. He has been mentioned here a few times and can't understand why he isn't on the list. FYI, I went to 2 other shops that were on the list, and yes one of the shops was who you are thinking of, but I ultimately went with Brandon and I'm glad I did.
I brought in my 03 Jetta TDI for a coolant leak that turned out to be the water pump. I left the car with him on Thursday afternoon and picked it up the Friday. He was very accomadating offering to take my car that day so that I could be on the road by Saturday for my road trip to Utah. I've found my new mechanic. Lastly, the guy works on Ferraris and Porsches as well, he's a rare find.

Brandon@
SMS European
5842 McFadden Ave Suite A
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
714-889-6553
www.smseuropean.com

TDI
MK4 GOLF TDI BEW
Hello every one
i am looking for a good and trusted mechanic in saskatchewan
any recommended shops in sk or near by provinces
please help