Rebuilt Titles - Restitution Payment After 12/31/18

dslgate

TDI
'04 Jetta
Many of us that have turned in one or more rebuilt title vehicles were given Vehicle Value only settlements at the time of turn-in. It was stated in some of the offers, and communicated verbally in many others, that if no prior owner claimed the restitution by 12/31/18 we would receive it.

I am interested in leaving this thread open for when anyone receives their delayed restitution payments, or if anyone has a conversation with VW that is relevant to the delayed restitution payments.

For what it is worth, I have not bothered calling VW about it yet and I am pretty skeptical that VW will actually pay the remaining restitution to people who received Vehicle Value only settlements.

Brica

TDI
Passat
I called the claim number today
They told me I’m going to receive a email but not timeframe.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
I was told that after 12/31/18 they will begin audit. After that, they will send extra funds.

I received extra funds for "previous claim" last year so I am sure these will come in as well if you are due.

lvrpl

TDI
Passat TDI
I was told that after 12/31/18 they will begin audit. After that, they will send extra funds.

I received extra funds for "previous claim" last year so I am sure these will come in as well if you are due.
Interesting. Did they make it clear which claim the extra funds were for? Or did you have to figure it out yourself? Just wondering because I've got several eligible for possible extra funds and just want to be able to track them correctly.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Interesting. Did they make it clear which claim the extra funds were for? Or did you have to figure it out yourself? Just wondering because I've got several eligible for possible extra funds and just want to be able to track them correctly.
I got extra restitution for a clean title car. I got an email with notification that had claim # in it so it was of course very easy.

jjtdi09

TDI
09 TDI
Restitution

Was notice given in an email that the funds are available and you transfer with eft or a check sent?

Wondering if you need to file an appeal to be sure you get a response, anyone have any feedback.

Im not confident Vw will pay these out, really no way of knowing if prior owners put in a claim?

jjtdi09

TDI
09 TDI

when you log in now no option to chat on a closed or claim not yet complete.

I dont really think that vw can deny anyone getting a fix done, as most recalls are open, maybe have to wait for parts to come in, i dont think this would be legal. If they are on the road polluting, and a consumer would like it fixed, i believe they would have to do so.

Does anyone know the original language or actual cut off dates for a fix.

have to have parts for 10 years by law, what i just found out

Last edited: