Is P2105 covered under new warranty?

foggedz

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
I just called vw of america. They said it wasnt covered by the emmison warranty that it was only covered by the orignal 10 yr 60k mile one. Im at 79k miles so they wont cover it.

I just started a recent thread about this. As others have just said anything that causes a check engine light to come on is covered under the extended warranty. I had the emissions fix done at the end of September 2018, and a few weeks later got the code for a faulty intake manifold flap. VW replaced the entire intake manifold free of charge.

Galo

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta 6mt, Malone Stage I, Goals
I just called vw of america. They said it wasnt covered by the emmison warranty that it was only covered by the orignal 10 yr 60k mile one. Im at 79k miles so they wont cover it.
My dealer tried to pull that one on me when my intake manifold flappers starting causing codes at 74,000 miles, and my call to VoA Customer Service went something like this: 'say, I have a question: why is my dealer wanting me to pay for something that is covered in the 8 year/80,000 mile Federal Emissions Warranty?'

Got a call back from the dealer in 30 minutes......'Mr Galindez, your manifold will be replaced under warranty...'

Your dealer knows its covered. They just want to get 2X the money.....once from you and again from VW

bigdog0u81

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 golf
I have an appointment tomorrow morning. They say they have to diagnose it first. The cel is currently off. They didn't say one way or the other when I was in on Mon. The guy that takes care of that was out that day.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
This is nice when you have a VCDS. Scan it first so you have evidence that a code was thrown. Don't clear it though. Take that with you printed out to insure no funny business.

xiaolu

TDI
2012 JETTA TDI w/Manual Shift
You're talking about a 2.0 Gen 1 TDI, right?

Tell them to re-read the TDI Fix Brochure.

It clearly says that any failure that throws a CEL code after the fix during the "fix" warranty period is covered.

It also says that disputes will be resolved in favor of the consumer.

I'll find the links to the document and give you page numbers to reference...

Edit: Here's the link:
https://www.vwdieselinfo.com/pdf/VWCourtSettlement_Emissions_Disclosure_Gen1_Manual_Final.pdf

Look at "Page 9" titled "Parts Covered Under Extended Warranty", last bullet point:

- The On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) system, any malfunctions detected by the On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) system other than those related to the transmission
Thank you very very much for this info!

I am in Toronto, Canada area. My 2012 JETTA 2.0 TDI (with manual transmission) recently had this problem: A light on the instrument cluster/panel came on, and a diagnosis indicates the error P2015: Issue with the Intake Manifold, and the VW dealer where I got this check told me I need to replace this Intake Manifold, and it would cost me around $1,000 Canadian (with labour cost plus tax).

Now armed with this Extended Warranty (after my car went through emission software and hardware modification), I went back to the dealer, and sure enough, the dealer will replace the whole thing plus labour for free!:)

So thank you again! Cheers James (Xiaolu)

Last edited:

slk23

TDI
2010 Golf TDI (sold back to VW)
It’s crazy that they replace the whole intake manifold when an inexpensive bracket solves the problem. I paid $35 for one and they’re now under $10 on Amazon.