Anyone have some loaner brm timing belt tools near the Seattle

texanTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (BRM)
Does anyone have the brm timing belt tools near Northwest Washington? Possibly willing to loan them to me? I'm an honest guy I promise there has never been a dishonest TDI owner ever !
I am in the Mount Vernon Burlington area and could really use the tools please!?

whitrock

TDI
05' jetta tdi 1.9
Does anyone have the brm timing belt tools near Northwest Washington? Possibly willing to loan them to me? I'm an honest guy I promise there has never been a dishonest TDI owner ever !
I am in the Mount Vernon Burlington area and could really use the tools please!?
I just marked the teeth on the old belt and then marked the new and adjusted to fit/line up,(crank, pump and cam)

Carlos_TJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Bora (BXE PD)
I believe there are several individuals that could land a succesful m&p (mark and pray) timing belt job without the index tools.
For the rest of the mortals the tools will help assure a uneventful timing belt change.
Bonus point: on a PD the torsion value must be adjusted (angular phase of the cam vs the crank). The cam sprocket enlongated holes allow for adjustment when the index tools were used right. If you mis install the cam belt by a tooth or two your adjustment will be off spec... and you will need to remove cambelt re assemble and adjust torsion.
Repeat and rinse.
Use the tools and get it done on the first attempt.

A PD cambelt change is no rocket science if you understand the pronciples, have the correct tools, are competent with them and have the correct procedure. The whole procedure was developed to be pretty much gailsafe if followed correctly.

Ebay tools are better than no tools
Just my humble opinion

Last edited:

texanTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (BRM)
I looked on Ebay and it appears that there are some BRM tools for $16 shipped. Anyone used these? I think I can rent the camshaft puller from autozone, correct?

325_Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
MkV Jetta
I could loan mine if you'd like. Paypal me cost plus shipping (like $4), I paypal back to you upon receipt. No charge for the loan itself. You'd be the third or fourth person I've loaned these to, I should get a 50 state map and put pushpins where my timing belt tools have been :D.

texanTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (BRM)
I appreciate all the responses. It appears I can get these for like $15 shipped from eBay and Amazon. I think I'm just going to go that route because it's about the cost of shipping anyways