Looking for someone who might bid on my old TDI in Kansas

unseenthings

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta, 2009 Q7 2010 A3
I have learned from VW that my old 2009 Q7 is scheduled to go to auction soon. With 250k and highly modified i suspect it will go cheap. Anyone know anyone that can bid at these dealer auctions in the Kansas City area?

gtmule

TDI
Passat, Jetta, Passat
I have learned from VW that my old 2009 Q7 is scheduled to go to auction soon. With 250k and highly modified i suspect it will go cheap. Anyone know anyone that can bid at these dealer auctions in the Kansas City area?
What's the VIN?

Kevinski4

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Guessing VIN is WA1AM74L79D036032 and you mean 205K not 250k? Looks stock visually. CEL is on. What all had you done to it?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Reminds me of the guy who bought an Iraqi tank and discovered it had a fuel tank full of gold bars. We aren't getting the whole story here, Lol. :D.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
VW isn't allowed to sell these in a way that allows them to be put back on the road, without applying the emission fix.

If it's auctioned, it may be as "inoperable".

unseenthings

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta, 2009 Q7 2010 A3
I've talked to a few people, but haven't heard back from any of them. I could really use some help even finding exactly when and where it is being sold, anything. Anyone?

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
I've talked to a few people, but haven't heard back from any of them. I could really use some help even finding exactly when and where it is being sold, anything. Anyone?
It has not been to any auction yet

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
With 250k and highly modified ...
I suspect any auction that it goes to, if it happens, will be the ones the scrap dealers buy from (with the purpose of breaking up the car for parts). Original poster hasn't stated it but I get the impression that they think they'll be able to buy the car back cheap, in the same condition as it was when VW bought it back, stick a license plate on it and drive it. That's not going to happen - it isn't legally allowed. One way or the other, the next destination for this car will be a salvage yard. Too high mileage, too expensive to make it emissions-legal to be legally able to be put back on the road.