DMF on DSG changed now have a rattle

Fireblade_rr

TDI
1 2006 Pkg2 DSG Jetta
First off, yes the old DMF was replaced with the updated part# part.

So I have a very distinct rattle when coming to a stop.
I also have this same rattle when reversing. Put car into reverse give a little throttle input and I hear the rattle. It’s fairly loud and slows and gets a bit quieter when I come to a stop. When stopped still in R with break pedal pressed there is a slight rattle, shift into N and it kind of goes away then put into D and it gets a bit louder.

No rattle on start up or shut down.
Doesn’t sound like the rattle the failing DMF was making.

Trying to avoid going to the dealer as I’m out of standard warranty and all worked performed was under my extended warranty.

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
Could be the fuel filter housing. If you have the earlier model A5, the fuel filter housing can be removed from its bracket. Try cutting a thicker mil plastic than a sandwich baggie into (4) 1 inch squares. Place these plastic squares over the (4) prongs that slot into the bracket to take up the sloppyness so to speak, then see if the rattling subsides. I also sometimes shove some sort of packing material down the pathway where the fuel line go into the firewall channel. Later!

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
Dang Harv, that is a good tip, possible FF housing rattle..good idea to sandwich something in between..