Does ATE make the OE brake pads?

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
Does anyone know who makes the OE brake pads? Is it ATE? On germanautoparts.com, they list ATE as being "original equipment replacement pads", but I'm not sure if that means they're the actual OE pads or that they're replacements that are equivalent to the original pads. If they are, then germanautoparts.com has the best price at $244 for a full set of rotors and pads for all 4 corners. 1stvwparts.com is decent at $277, all VW rotors and pads. Impexfap.com comes in at $346.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
I know when I pulled the pads out of my '00 Jetta, the mfr's name was stamped on the back and still legible. I am quite certain it was BENDIX. If it wasn't BENDIX, it definitely was one of the prominent NAmerican mfrs.

It makes sense that they would source parts like this in the Americas and not import from Europe.

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
OE pads can be from a variety of sources - Pagid, ATE, Lucas, and others are all suppliers to VW.