West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - October 27, 2018

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Kirk,

Talked to you last night about it, but could you put my name down for a tune, EGR and immobilizer delete? Looking forward to the meet! Got it wrote down on the calendar so I won’t forget. Thanks!

Evan
Evan, added you to the list - welcome!

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Good News! Key/Keyfob guy WILL be in attendance at the Fall GTG.

He is scheduled to be there from 10am to 1pm - but will stay longer if the need is there. So please indicate what you might need.

He can:
- provide new key blades
- cut new key blades
- provide new keyfobs or just plain valet key
- programming of all to match car

PLEASE indicate interest, and I will add your name to the list on the first page of thread.

thanks,

Kirk

Last edited:

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto

He is scheduled to be there from 10am to 1pm - but will stay longer if the need is there. So please indicate what you might need.

He can:
- provide new key blades
- cut new key blades

PLEASE indicate interest, and I will add your name to the list on the first page of thread.

thanks,

Kirk
Dang, full service!!!

Ellis Vee

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
He can:
- provide new key blades
- cut new key blades
thanks,
Kirk

Please put me down for keys!
2003 Jetta
1 new blade
1 fob reprogramming
1 valet key

Thanks,
Levi

Fastevan47

TDI
2000 Jetta 5 speed

He can:
- provide new key blades
- cut new key blades

thanks,

Kirk

Kirk,
Can you please put me down for one blade, fob/program, and one valet key. Thanks!

crdouger

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 & 06 jetta TDI's
Looking forward to it!

Thanks for hosting. It’s a great event every year. I’d love some help with getting a key cut and programming a key fob for my 06 Jetta. I have a key blank to use. Put me down for that. I’m also looking for a mkiv parts car with a good manual transmission for my brother if anybody has a parts car or a 5 speed tranny for sale. Message me. Thanks !

Last edited:

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
I will be offering a food eating service this year...like previous years.

Ciao...or Chow
See ya then

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Marty, let me know if you do any hiring, I have experience

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
I will be offering a food eating service this year...like previous years.

Ciao...or Chow
See ya then

I would also like to offer my services in this manner. Besides, I'm getting too damn old for the "Bellypanman" gig. :p

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Mark & Marty, can I be one of the 3 amigos?

although I might be getting dirty doing my DSG and other 40k service on my GSW..

JETaah

TDI
Maybe we should just skip the GTG and meet at a restaurant, eh?
How about Los Tres Amigos? Now I am getting hungry for Mexican food. YUM!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Looks like the dilution of TDI's has begun as Mark of Diesel has a (gasp!) gas Tiguan! :eek: Hope he remembers the focal point of this GTG is vehicles that do not have spark plugs or coil packs! ;)

It's good JETaah and others will provide the food eating services. That means the rest of us will be in charge of the DRINKING services! :D

JETaah

TDI
Mark's Tiguan is just a platform for a GTG gut job to install a TDI engine.
Mark, we are all waiting for the fun to begin. Have you told Kirk your plans yet?

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for hosting. It’s a great event every year. I’d love some help with getting a key cut and programming a key fob. Put me down for that. I’m also looking for a mkiv parts car with a good manual transmission for my brother if anybody has a parts car or a 5 speed tranny for sale. Message me. Thanks !
Doug, which car are you looking to get a fob and valet key for?, I need to clarify on the list.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Mark's Tiguan is just a platform for a GTG gut job to install a TDI engine.
Mark, we are all waiting for the fun to begin. Have you told Kirk your plans yet?
Hmmm - do you think Mark plans to shoehorn a V10 TDI into it? :cool:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Looks like the dilution of TDI's has begun as Mark of Diesel has a (gasp!) gas Tiguan! :eek: Hope he remembers the focal point of this GTG is vehicles that do not have spark plugs or coil packs! ;)
It's good JETaah and others will provide the food eating services. That means the rest of us will be in charge of the DRINKING services! :D
I don't have spark plugs or coil packs! Can I come? :D

Ellis Vee

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
I have a 2003 Jetta Wagon and I recently discovered my carpet has been getting wet and probably moldy underneath. Almost have it pulled (just need the front seats out now)...
Does anyone have a clean grey carpet and foam/rubber backer that they want to bring to the gathering and part with?

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Just under three weeks away, bump!

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
looking forward to this one. See everyone there.. I suppose I should look up what hotel I stayed at last year...

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Kirk,

do you still have any of those rust free Golf Hatches? if so, price?

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
I have a 2003 Jetta Wagon and I recently discovered my carpet has been getting wet and probably moldy underneath. Almost have it pulled (just need the front seats out now)...
Does anyone have a clean grey carpet and foam/rubber backer that they want to bring to the gathering and part with?
A new carpet is not going to fix your water ingress issue. Does your wagon have a sunroof? If 'yes' check the sunroof drains to see if they are clogged up.

You may want to contact Chris Thompson (username CTTDI) as he is local to Kirk and has brought parts to sell at Kirk's GTG's in the past. I believe he works at a salvage yard and might be able to find you a wagon carpet/backing.

Ellis Vee

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
A new carpet is not going to fix your water ingress issue. Does your wagon have a sunroof? If 'yes' check the sunroof drains to see if they are clogged up.
You may want to contact Chris Thompson (username CTTDI) as he is local to Kirk and has brought parts to sell at Kirk's GTG's in the past. I believe he works at a salvage yard and might be able to find you a wagon carpet/backing.
Thanks for the tip. I'll look him up.
I don't have a sunroof but I think I've narrowed it down to a clogged up fender drain, causing water to back up and pour in through the firewall by the hood release cable.
Like this: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=359774
Planning to fix that this weekend, and just want the replacement carpet to be free of mold.

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
As far as I'm concerned, the focal point of these GTGs has always been the people regardless of their fuel type used to get there. :p If VW in their infinite wisdom had offered the U.S. a TDI Tiggy, I would've been right at the front of the line to get one but alas, it is not to be and I wanted one more new vehicle with warranty before I retire, 'nuf said. Hey Aaron, I believe I can speak for Marty when I say we'd be honored to have you as the 3rd Amigo and no points will be deducted for DSG juice on your person...

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
The Sprockets will be there too! I have some stuff to sell that I can bring with me if anyone is interested. I'll put a list together.

Touareg 20" Mountain wheels w/ Toyo Proxes 4 plus. These came off my 2010 Touareg. 14k miles on them.
sale thread here: https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/...-w-toyo-proxes-4-plus-264641.html#post2016729

Frost Heater for a 2012 Golf - Brand new in the box it came in. M&M's don't come with the box though :p
http://www.frostheater.com/

DSG Service Kit from ID Parts.

I'll also sell my 2005 VW Passat w/ 6 speed manual & my 1996 Passat Wagon. I haven't put together sale threads on these yet, but will do so soon. If anyone's interested, lets talk.

Last edited:

Fastevan47

TDI
2000 Jetta 5 speed
Since there is talk about people bringing parts they have to sell, does anyone have a black glove box, a black center console, an antenna, a front right black rubber floor mat (or a set of all 4 black rubber mats) for a 2000 Jetta? If you do, I’ll bring some money! Maybe I’ll have to check out the for sale pages on here...
Thanks!

Ellis Vee

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Since there is talk about people bringing parts they have to sell, does anyone have a black glove box, a black center console, an antenna, a front right black rubber floor mat (or a set of all 4 black rubber mats) for a 2000 Jetta? If you do, I’ll bring some money! Maybe I’ll have to check out the for sale pages on here...
Thanks!
I've got a set of rubber floor mats I was planning on bringing. They're basically off-brand monster mats.

crdouger

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 & 06 jetta TDI's
06 Jetta

It's an 06 Jetta. I have a key blank already, but need it cut.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
As far as I'm concerned, the focal point of these GTGs has always been the people regardless of their fuel type used to get there. :p If VW in their infinite wisdom had offered the U.S. a TDI Tiggy, I would've been right at the front of the line to get one but alas, it is not to be
I for one am looking forward to the stories you undoubtedly will be regaling us at the GTG with that concern the effects of putting diesel fuel into a gasser Tiggy as old habits will be hard to break, right?! ;) :p