• Jetta

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Wait for Golf MK 7

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
GOLF. I just test drove both with my sister in law this weekend in Waterloo. jetta ia a mess this year. feels so cheaped out but selling like crazy. Why? corolla and civic buyers are crossing town and leasing cheapie jettas for under 300 bucks a month...that is why.
VW has done exactly what they wanted. the Golf test drive sealed the deal with her. maybe a wagon but a golf . golf are so understated and yet so beautifully crafted. worth all the money. by the way spoke to an old time mechanic there....NOT ONE single fuel pump issue since CRs introduced. in canada this fuel issue is non exhistent. use a bit of additive and drive.

RCE1

TDI
Golf
Just bought a TDI Golf, 4dr, sunroof, cold weather, bluetooth in Candy White. Nice little car. Looking forward to driving it.

ruking

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 VW Jetta, 5 M, Reflex Silver: 09 Jetta, 6 Sp DSG, Candy White: 12 VW Touareg, 8 Sp A/T, Flint Gray
I have two Jetta's, 09/03. But a 2 door GTD Golf is a smaller version that I have my eyes on!

pearsek

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI/SE
I'm torn?!? 2011 GOLF TDI or 2011 Jetta TDI Reply to Thread

go for the Golf -- I just bought the 2011 Jetta and afterwards found out that the reasons I wanted a Jetta in the first place were taken from the new Jetta. The rear suspension was completely changed. VW put in a cheaper beam link instead of the tight independent link. You can upgrade to the nav system afterwards, they're plug 'n' play (I did this) with a little vag-com adjustment. On hind sight, I'd go Golf. Both are good cars, but if you don't need the "4 body" trunk space -- Go Golf.

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
Geotdi that makes perfet sense! Drivers car i guess! Amen to US a4 tdi! It better happen ....SOON!

BigArniedog which would you say brakes accelerates n corners better?

For me its just hard because i really dont like the look of the newer golfs..
The Golf is a lighter car (weight wise) so the golf would hold a slight performance edge in all testing.

GeoTDI

TDI
2011 United Grey Golf TDI 4dr 6-speed, sunroof, cold weather pkg, navigation, dyna audio
here she is! My new Golf TDI

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Was able to get her with nav + dyno :D
Thanks to VW Open Road Manhattan !!

97pssat04golfTDIs

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat GLS TDI traded in, 2004 Golf GLS, 2004 Passat GLS Sold in Nov. 2012
Looks pretty ... did it come from the dealer with a tint that dark or is that something you had them do or requested from them?

GeoTDI

TDI
2011 United Grey Golf TDI 4dr 6-speed, sunroof, cold weather pkg, navigation, dyna audio
Thanks! No, I had a local tint shop do 35% all around

TDI Chris

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
(first post!) Beautiful, Geo! I looked long and far for a United Gray with your options, and all four dealers said 'impossible' - in particular the NAV. Last Saturday I settled on a black 2011 DSG/sunroof/CWP and I am very happy. Oh, they tossed-in splash guards and side body molding to seal the deal.

ThoughtCrime

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf TDI

Just saw one in person, only subtle differences from the golf and it looks much more aggressive. It wouldn't be hard to make a tdi look like that.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I still want VW to bring over the GTD!

jbright

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta DSG
Last edited: