Rubber Cargo Mat

troutbum1971

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI sold... 2012 Jetta TDI sold 13 JSW DSG w/ sunroof
Anyone have any suggestions as to where I can purchase one? ECS is back ordered and I can't find one on VW. Thanks

TDIAustin

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW, MT, Red/Cornsilk
The carpeted one lets you use the velcro blocks to hold things in place. These are really handy and functional. I wouldn't go any other way. But maybe you have other needs.

Maffken

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 A4 Jetta ALH
The carpeted one lets you use the velcro blocks to hold things in place. These are really handy and functional. I wouldn't go any other way. But maybe you have other needs.
That's great until you have to move more 'abrasive' loads. There are lots of things I carry in my trunk that I really wouldn't want to have on carpet including, fuel, dirt, building materials (Concrete, bricks, tools), field equipment, etc that I just don't want to clean off carpet.

There seems to be some results on ebay if your set on a factory one but they're really not anything too special, other than the big VW in them.

TDIAustin

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW, MT, Red/Cornsilk
That's great until you have to move more 'abrasive' loads. There are lots of things I carry in my trunk that I really wouldn't want to have on carpet including, fuel, dirt, building materials (Concrete, bricks, tools), field equipment, etc that I just don't want to clean off carpet.
Although I think the carpeted mat is made to be durable, what you're describing constitutes other needs, as I mentioned. The carpet just looks more finished and the mat is removable and cleans easily. We've hauled many of the things you mentioned and the mat still looks new.

Weather Tech mats are heavy, durable and contain water spillage, if that is of concern. We just really like the velcro blocks to contain things you haul and the more finished appearance.

troutbum1971

Veteran Member
TDI
i called weather tech, the lady on the phone said it's not made for the JSW

TDI WNY

TDI
2015 GSW TDI SEL
Both

I use the carpeted exact fit mat and velcro blocks with a square generic mat on top which does not cover the entire trunk area. I use the velcro blocks to keep things from shifting or falling over. I use the plastic mat with upturned edges to carry dirty or damaging loads from messing up the carpeted exact fit mat. You should be able to find generic mats online or at local parts stores. I have had my generic square mat for so long I am not sure where I got it.

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I've thought about getting the OEM rubber mat for my Golf. The carpet with velcro blocks worked fine when new, but over time the blocks don't hold as well. I tried shaving the carpet, but it didn't do much good.

For Weathertech, I always hear great things about the floor mats. When I saw them in someone else's car, however, I wasn't impressed. They are more like plastic than rubber. If the rear trunk mat is also more like plastic, then it won't keep things from sliding around the way a rubber mat does.

Last edited:

Cogen Man

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI DSG.
"For Weathertech, I always hear great things about the floor mats. When I saw them in someone else's car, however, I wasn't impressed. They are more like plastic than rubber. If the rear trunk mat is also more like plastic, then it won't keep things from sliding around the way a rubber mat does".

The one in the back of my Golf keeps things from sliding around very nicely. if you drive like your in a road rally then you may want to tie things down. :eek: Yes, they are more like plastic I agree.

troutbum1971

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm going to use both but the rubber mat will be for the mutts.. wash and hang dry after i take them to play. the carpet with the luggage blocks in there most of the time.

Ctyankee

TDI
2011 VW Golf
+1 for weathertech. Just received mine on Friday for my 2011 Golf.

Obtained via free shipping with Amazon Prime. Purchase price was under 100 dollars. Can't go wrong IMO.

PFCoppinger

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
They must be available for the JSW because I have one.

It is rubber and cleans off easily. I use it because the wayback is dog-land, and the rubber is better for a muddy dog than the carpeted liner.

I also got the carpeted liner with the lock-blocks, which came from the dealer with the car. This would be better if the primary concern is to keep things from sliding around, and dirt and mud is not an issue.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I picked a plastic/rubber one up from the local VW dealer for something like $50.