2014 Extended Warranty Costs Passat Auto SE

tmack

TDI
passat
Hi..

Just purchased a 2014 Passat TDI SE ( w sunroof ) and wanted to get some info on what to expect when I meet with finance next week. I avg about 15-20K miles a year so will probably be out of factory coverage within 2 years.

I am leaning toward adding an extended warranty but any help on what to expect as far as plans, costs, etc. I know the dealer tactics are to (up sale) you as much as possible so I just wanted to get as much info in advance as possible.

Thanks

South Coast Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI wagon
I don't recommend extended warranties (actually pre-paid service plans) and neither does Consumers Reports. You will find many opinions here, but just take the money you were planning on spending for the warranty and save it for future risks.

Roshermoore

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW DSG sunroof
Save Your Money or!!!

Switch to Geico Insurance and purchase their Mechanical Breakdown Insurance for about $60.00 per year.

Also, your VW drive train warranty is for 5years/60K miles. So even with a major problem you have warranty coverage for 60K miles.

tmack

TDI
passat
Thanks,

I heard a lot about this MBI from Geico but the car insurance I have is very good so changing would cost me too much.

Does anyone have any thoughts on Mechanical Breakdown Insurance from a company called Mercury or any other company that may offer it.

I was gonna check AAA and see if they offer anything.

Not going in to the ( finance boiler room ) for a few days so I have some time

Any thoughts ??

Thanks