what do you do about small pits in your windshield?

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
ok so spent time on the zaino and klasse. I'll make my decision sometime.

What do you guys do about pits in your windshield? What snake oil is out there? Any get any good results? Lemme know.

Jerms

Joe_Meehan

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB TDI, 2002.5, Silver
If they are not in your line of sight you don't need to do anything. You can find some products in the auto parts stores to help conceal them, I understand they work well. You can also have them repaired professionally.

If they are in your line of sight, then you should take a look at your insurance policy. Most cover this with little or no deductible. They will repair or replace as needed. Your insurance company likes you to be able to see when driving.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
it's not that significant, but i would like to clean it up some. Anyone got some experience with this?

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Ya... if you do go the insurance route... go to a reputable glass shop. Ask around. You don't want to end up having to have the job redone a bunch of times like me :S

-J

nhdude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6M gone back to VWoA, 1996 Passat Wagon (RIP)
Any suggestions as to how to screen the glass shops? I need to have my B4 windshield replaced and surely don't want the job botched! VW dealer recommended Triumph Auto Glass with whom I've had mixed results in the past. Thanks!