DSG lurches when accelerating on highway on ramps

bananaclip

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI, 2014 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2010 GTI
I have a 2010 Jetta TDI with 65,000 miles on it. For about 4,000 miles it has been lurching/jumping between 3rd and 4th gear as I accelerate down hill to enter the freeway (entering the freeway is the only time I accelerate to go downhill). I have been using the same ramp for years, this is totally new. You can feel the car lurch and hear an unnatural clunking sound.
Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas? It might not be the DSG... Once I had a '97 Saturn and I was sure I had transmission problems but it was the motor mounts.
Despite specific directions on how to produce the problems the techs at VW Pasadena cannot find the problem.
I am not car knowledgeable (aside from knowing TDI's are a dream to drive.)
And my fuel system failed and was replaced 1,300 miles ago.
I love how the TDI drives but I am pissed at it. 65k for trans problems is just lousy. (My old tin can Saturn went for 189,000 miles with no major repairs. Aside from the motor mounts and a new water pump.)

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Have you serviced the trans?

bananaclip

TDI
Trans was serviced on schedule. I did not think to have an extra transmission service done. I told the service rep that in the past I had a similar problem and it was the motor mounts. I don't know if the service people at VW looked at the mounts.

jasonTDI

TDI
Motor mounts...That's a good one! What a moron. Being where you are the level of incompetence is no surprise. Either it's low on fluid or it has a bad mechatronic. If they bottom filled it and rushed (all dealer techs do) they likely short filled it. I bet its close to a liter light on fluid. They act like this when they are low.

nhraracer90

TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan
I have a 2010 Jetta TDI with 65,000 miles on it. For about 4,000 miles it has been lurching/jumping between 3rd and 4th gear as I accelerate down hill to enter the freeway (entering the freeway is the only time I accelerate to go downhill). I have been using the same ramp for years, this is totally new. You can feel the car lurch and hear an unnatural clunking sound.
Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas? It might not be the DSG... Once I had a '97 Saturn and I was sure I had transmission problems but it was the motor mounts.
Despite specific directions on how to produce the problems the techs at VW Pasadena cannot find the problem.
I am not car knowledgeable (aside from knowing TDI's are a dream to drive.)
And my fuel system failed and was replaced 1,300 miles ago.
I love how the TDI drives but I am pissed at it. 65k for trans problems is just lousy. (My old tin can Saturn went for 189,000 miles with no major repairs. Aside from the motor mounts and a new water pump.)
I believe I may have the same issues as you. Everyone says its a bad mechatronic unit but the dealer cant seem to figure it out....IDK what to do.

YECKNOFA

TDI
Jetta
Jetta automatic with clunky 2nd to 3rd gear shift

I have a similar problem with my 2002 jetta, 249,000 miles. Clunky shift from 2nd to 3rd gear.

transmission shop says to have the dealer "reset the transmission adaptors" in the cars computer.

The dealer want to possibly replace the "control unit"

no idea what to try, hence searching this website for ideas.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Different transmission, not a DSG. You need to read and/or start a new post. Search for o1m IIRC. Lots here on that. Welcome to tdiclub!

bananaclip

TDI
@Jason, "moron" really? I know a lot of things but very little about cars, that is why I am here. Thanks for being so helpful and friendly.

jasonTDI

TDI
@Jason, "moron" really? I know a lot of things but very little about cars, that is why I am here. Thanks for being so helpful and friendly.

Hey dummy....referring to the service writer at the shop.

RNDDUDE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Jason, I re-read the op's post, and nowhere did it say the service writer suggested bad motor mounts. As such, your comment did seem to be directed directly at tdijarhead. It's seems that was not your intent, but that is how it comes off.