TDIFest 2015 Registration is LIVE!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Hey Festers, just a quick reminder that the free t-shirt with registration expires at the end of the day on Monday, August 10th. Everyone who is registered before then will receive a free TDIFest t-shirt (upsizes are charged a nominal fee), a $15 value.

Also, our guaranteed hotel room block expires at the end of the day, as well, although it will likely be extended for another week or so. Nonetheless, if you haven't made your hotel reservation yet, you should probably start looking into it! :)

Don't panic - regular registration will continue until the end of August, but our t-shirt order must be submitted this week, hence the deadline. A limited quantity of t-shirts will be available on-site if you happen to miss out on the freebie deal.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Well here's a fluke. We didn't actually stop shirt sales on the 10th, so anyone who registered between then and 30 minutes from now will still get a shirt with their registration.

If there are any on-the-fence people, you still have a little bit of time before I run the final report and place the shirt order! :)

refueler

TDI
2014 Jetta 6 MT
TDI fest

I live in southern Maine and I was thinking of taking a ride up to Sunday river and taking a walk around and take a look around do I need to register to walk around the venders area. I've only got a couple of hours to spend there.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
If you're just checking out the parking lot for one afternoon, that's fine. That said, we certainly would appreciate you registering, as those proceeds go to fund this great site and keep it ad-free. Plus you'll get a goody bag and get to participate in the raffle, silent auction, and attend tech sessions if you register. :)

jfwestgen

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI sedan
Would love to attend as it would be my first one and I live in the area

but my Jetta TDI has been out of commission for a couple months now... Will I be ostracized for driving my gas guzzling Tundra??? :( I know, probably not... just wish my Jetta was in a drive-able condition... Would make my first TDIfest that much more special!

NarfBLAST

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf 5MT
I see the "TDFEST 2015" Link at the top of the web page is still live and brings you here...

I was wondering if anyone had that group photo on top of Mount Washington or where or if I should post my best photos, (other than my Facebook page "Santos Speed Shop" link below).

MonsterDog

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
I see the "TDFEST 2015" Link at the top of the web page is still live and brings you here...

I was wondering if anyone had that group photo on top of Mount Washington or where or if I should post my best photos, (other than my Facebook page "Santos Speed Shop" link below).

In the MEETS/2015 TDIFest section, there is a thread for pictures. You can post yours there. And the group one from Mt Washington is already there.

vwUMO

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2003 JSW TDI 5MT ,2012 Jetta TDI 6MT, 2013 jetta TDI 6MT
Is it too late to register ?? :D

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Precisely! And in that note, we will see you next year, right? :D
It will depend on circumstances. Since my Mom passed away back in March, my sister and I have been working on clearing out her house so it can be put up for sale. Thus, I have not been able to go anywhere other than a day trip to the Bay Area GTG. In August is the annual Flyin' Miata Open House that I'd like to attend with the Miata; if the 2016 Fest is out West somewhere then I might be able to make it. Otherwise driving from California to Colorado and back then driving from California to somewhere on the East Coast and back again a couple of weeks later might be too much.

Hmmm, if the Fest is in Arizona say the Flagstaff/Sedona/Prescott region, I could tie it in with a house hunting trip to Prescott as our next big thing is to downsize, sell our property here in California, and move to Prescott.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Be like bhtooefr and drive your Miata to TDIFest! ;)

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
At 27 mpg? :D
At least Flagstaff/Sedona would not be far when compared to 3400 miles to Maine this year for me!

You could do that at 15 mpg! Right??

And those East Coasters could all stop at Vegas and DOUBLE their money - some of them could go home with more money in their pockets than when they started, right?

Last edited:

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Keep it under 4000 RPM, and that 27 becomes more like 34+, on a 1.6 liter Miata. ;)

(4000 is when it goes into open loop, and the fuel economy proceeds to go to total crap.)

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Keep it under 4000 RPM, and that 27 becomes more like 34+, on a 1.6 liter Miata. ;)

(4000 is when it goes into open loop, and the fuel economy proceeds to go to total crap.)
Actually when I bought it in July '89 I would get an average of 30 mpg, but when the CARB mandate for RFG came in, we were told it would cause about a 10% hit to mileage. Sure enough I started getting 27/28 mpg. I usually try to keep it between 3000 and 4000 just for the reason you state. Actually it has not been my daily driver since for the last 7 years so I only fill it about every 9 - 11 weeks and it is mainly used locally so my current average is around 25 MPG. Oh, I did get 34.8 MPG tank on a trip back in 2002 for the Northern Exposure event by Ottawa, Canada.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
If you attended TDIFest, please check your email (and spam folder) for a post-event survey from Fred. It's important that we get your feedback on this year's event so that we can better serve you in future years. Please tell us what you liked, what you didn't like, and take the time to rate which activities are the most important to you.

Thanks! :)