Rear window sun shade????

HOLZINGER

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 BORA(Jetta) GLS TDI
Hey all,

Has anyone seen a sunshade in the back of a Mk4 Jetta? My coworker has a Passat and it has the shade and I think it's pretty cool!

(I'm asking about the perforated shade that rolls up into the package shelf and attaches up at the headliner)

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
If they made a power one I'd have it. My '98 Caddy Catera has one and it's great, especially at nite when some hi-beam idiot is tailing you, but a manual one would be a pain I think. I'll stick with window tint in my Jetta.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
You could tie a string to it, run the string above the headlining to the front corner by you, put a hook on the A-pillar, and raise/lower as often as you want (provided you follow common sense safety precautions and only operate it while the vehicle is not moving. ;) ).

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
MOGolf said:
You could tie a string to it, run the string above the headlining to the front corner by you, put a hook on the A-pillar, and raise/lower as often as you want (provided you follow common sense safety precautions and only operate it while the vehicle is not moving. ;) ).
Great idea!!! :D Of course I wouldn't ever consider operating it whilst in motion :rolleyes:.

Dorado

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle TDI, 2002, Cool White
Check the online version of the "Driver magazine" at www.vw.com. They make one OEM for each vw model. In the US they do not list one for the NB, but I got a copy of the German VW accessories catalog, and Impex was able to get it for me.:) So get the part number and email Impex.