Traded in 2004 RX8 for a 2004 Jetta GLS TDI

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
BriGuySTL said:
Sorry about that I'm a crappy speller and copy everything into Word so I can spell check it lol :D

So filling up wouldn't really change. Stick the nozzle in and let it go, when it clicks keep manually adding more until it is toped off. Is that about right? You can't do that without doing the ventectomy?
Not sure if you are aware but look up in the top right corner and you will see a ABC/(check) . Just click on that and follow directions to download it . Then you will have a spell check that works quite well .

Once you have it down loaded you can ( right click on the mouse to access it ) and use it on anything that needs a spell check .

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
ABC check works in Internet Explorer, while Firefox has built in spell check.

BriGuySTL

TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Sedan
I'll try using that from now on, its just some spell checks suck hard core so I got in the habit of using Word.

As far a the ventectomy, I'll probably end up doing it later, I just want to see what it is like to fill it up regular once. I'm at 135miles and just below 7/8 of a tank, in the RX8 I would be just below 1/2 :eek:

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
BriGuySTL said:
I'll try using that from now on, its just some spell checks suck hard core so I got in the habit of using Word.

As far a the ventectomy, I'll probably end up doing it later, I just want to see what it is like to fill it up regular once. I'm at 135miles and just below 7/8 of a tank, in the RX8 I would be just below 1/2 :eek:
By venting, 135 miles and you'd just be comming off the 1/1 mark :D

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
BriGuySTL said:

A ventectomy makes it easier but you can get the same amount of fuel in the fuel tank by just holding/pushing on the vent button ( inside the fuel filler neck on the left ) open with the filler nozzel & bleeding in fuel until it fills to the stop & stays .

2004STARWARSTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2004 Platinum Gray GLS Jetta / 2006 Silver Jetta with DSG
Also you might want to do a Ventectomy. This way you can fill up the tank to its fullest level without having to vent.:D

BriGuySTL

TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Sedan
2004STARWARSTDI said:
Also you might want to do a Ventectomy. This way you can fill up the tank to its fullest level without having to vent.:D
That is what we were talking about