www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old March 13th, 2018, 15:58   #1
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

Default Top-Off Payment Notification Received!

Just got an email stating that a top-off payment is being processed for a Q7 that i sold back in July 2017.

Keep an eye on your emails guys!
TDIforDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2018, 16:08   #2
mbrunner

TDI(s): 2011 Touareg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIforDays View Post
Just got an email stating that a top-off payment is being processed for a Q7 that i sold back in July 2017.
Keep an eye on your emails guys!
Same! I turned my TDI in July 14th and just got the receipt email! I have been on them every week since "where is the money?"

Came on here to share my joy!
mbrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2018, 21:19   #3
Motodude
Veteran Member

Was it a shock that you were getting a top off? Did they tell you another payment was paid to previous seller and they were wrong?
Motodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2018, 03:46   #4
15TIGUAN

TDI(s): 2010 Touareg

I owned a 2010 VW Touareg 3.0 TDI that I sold back to VW in June of 2017. Yesterday(3/13/2018) I received an email from claims_noreply@vwgoa.com stating that I am eligible for additional compensation under the 3.0-liter class action settlement and will be receiving a "top-off" payment in the amount of $4875.87. Is this for real???
15TIGUAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2018, 05:51   #5
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodude View Post
Was it a shock that you were getting a top off? Did they tell you another payment was paid to previous seller and they were wrong?
I had 50% restitution on 3 Q7s. Last time I called was several months ago and they said "you might get it some day" so I was honestly not expecting anything. So this was a nice surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15TIGUAN View Post
I owned a 2010 VW Touareg 3.0 TDI that I sold back to VW in June of 2017. Yesterday(3/13/2018) I received an email from claims_noreply@vwgoa.com stating that I am eligible for additional compensation under the 3.0-liter class action settlement and will be receiving a "top-off" payment in the amount of $4875.87. Is this for real???
Yup absolutely for real. When you did your buyback, you did not get full restitution payment and there was a note on the bottom stating that you might get Top Off payment if other claim ends up being invalid.
Old March 14th, 2018, 08:12   #6
mbrunner

TDI(s): 2011 Touareg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodude View Post
I knew from the get go that I was supposed to get the other 50%. They erroneously told me that there was a 2nd claim open against the VIN when there wasn't and I couldn't get them to change the offer letter so I turned in anyway. Just didn't expect the top-up to take 7 months.

I had been in contact with class counsel over this the last month or so and they were able to provide more information on the timing than I could get out of VW/hotline.
mbrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2018, 03:18   #7
15TIGUAN

TDI(s): 2010 Touareg

Unbelievable! This is absolutely for real! I received my top off payment this morning from VWGOA. Bonus!
15TIGUAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2018, 05:32   #8
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

My now only question is HOW I'll get the payment. As a business buyback, I had to submit additional paperwork for every payment. They haven't sent a request for it yet. If I don't see the money within a week, will have to start fighting them again.

Can someone please report back once you get the actual payment?
Old March 16th, 2018, 09:24   #9
opsx

TDI(s): tdi

I got a top up recently too! The Chase email came a few days later as usual.
opsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2018, 13:10   #10
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

got my payment itself today
Old March 16th, 2018, 14:19   #11
opsx

TDI(s): tdi

congrats! its so funny because a day before i got the top up email i was chatting with the claims reps yet again to see if i would EVER get it and they flat out told me that i would not and that my claim was complete. not cool.
opsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2018, 14:57   #12
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

Additionally received $750 from Bosch with a letter stating that it is extra payment for previously issued $750 check.
Old April 2nd, 2018, 19:17   #13
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

Just got email for another car. Looks like this is round 2