TDI Repair Services

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Wow! How did I miss all this...? Just last night, I mentioned to my wife that I had not seen anything in the club lately from Bruce. Gees! I'm so sorry to read about the issues you've having to deal with. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Tidbit: I had the colon surgery in March of '06 . .. . . seems they took out 14 inches. I got the zipper as laparoscoipic surgery had to be abandoned during the procedure.. was out for over 6 hours .. lots of complications spending 9 days in the hospital!

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
Best wishes and glad to hear you're better. A reminder to everyone that all things truly hinge on our health. It's certainly something I could pay more attention to. May it be smooth sailing from here on out...

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
Wish you the best you will be in my thoughts and prayers :)

50R BTR

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
Good to see you back in action, Bruce! Hope to see you and Dan at a GTG sometime in January or so...

Meantime, don't push it too hard and complete your recovery.

Redress

TDI
2010 Jetta, 2001 Golf 2003 Jetta Wagoon
Need good VW mechanic near Jacksonville, NC - guy I had in Wilmington no longer working same place.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Broken again.....

Long story. I was hurt at work the end of July. Tore a meniscus in my knee that could only be repaired by a knee replacement because of osteoarthritis. Workmens comp rejected claim on knee, but I also had a claim for a damaged shoulder that they accepted and paid compensation. We were able get by......

Had a partial knee replacement in mid-October that failed 8 days later. During the next 14 weeks, I had no healing and was on a walker and occasional crutches.

5 days ago, the partial knee was replaced with a total knee with big rods and reinforcing plates. We are hopeful that this will fix the problem as I heal over the next 3-6 months.

Due to an active lawsuit against workmen comp carrier and the county (which fired me after 20 years), I cannot work at all.

If you need light work, Eric can help you. I can watch him do a timing belt, it I cannot help.

One other issue. I cannot afford to stock oils and expensive parts. You may have to order something and return for install. Oils are available locally, we'll just have to get them.

Holler if we can help you.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Wow Bruce, I hope the new Knee gets you up and moving again soon.

Best of luck with everything. sounds like it was a rough go the last half of the year.

Let me know if you need anything.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Wow, really sorry to hear about all this Bruce.

My mom had her knee done last year. She had trouble and had to go back for manual manipulation, but not near your troubles.

Hope the new knee treats you well. Let me know if you need anything, just down the road.

Clint

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Dang! Bruce, I wasn't aware that you've been through so much.

I know several folks that have had knee replacements. Although some of them were a little iffy in the beginning, they all turned out well.

Well, if you guys need anything, let me know........ I'm a little over two hours away!

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Best wishes for a quick recovery!!!

Just remember: don't let the docs get their parts from Prothe... (even if they're Prothstetics...)

Yuri

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Hi guys. Update.

The total knee became septic 10 days after surgery. Emergency admit to hospital and lots of good exotic antibiotics. 2 days later, a different orthopedist removed everything installed, scrubbed all tissues, flushed all surgical areas with an antibiotic flush, sterilized the metal bit, and reinstalled everything with all new necessary plastic pieces.

I went home with a PICC line, 6 weeks of home IV antibiotics, and much pain. Copious/various narcotics were my friend.

I'm happy to report that I'm most pain free. No narcs. PT is going well. Without setback, I should be walking well in June.

Garage is closed until I am mended. Eric is out of the picture now, perhaps forever.

If you need help, holler at me. I will refer you to an appropriate guru.

Oh, yeah. We turned in the 09 Jetta on buyback. Cheryl appropriated the Passat. If all goes well, I'll be driving a BEW New Beetle I found in Ohio. I've grown fond of the BEWs...I've got a few bits that I stashed back before I sold the wagon.

Bruce

Last edited:

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
What a mess. Good to hear you are off the narcs - they can get you hooked too easily.

I, too, like the BEWs. Good engine, cam issues are much less than the BRM, and vanish if you use a good synthetic oil, and maybe add in some ZDDP. A simple tune and you are up by 35% in hp and torque.

I plan to keep my 2005 Jetta until I go to the great junkyard in the sky - or some one totals it for me.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
2 days later, a different orthopedist removed everything installed, scrubbed all tissues, flushed all surgical areas with an antibiotic flush, sterilized the metal bit, and reinstalled everything with all new necessary plastic pieces.

It sounds like something you would have done to an engine that someone else FUBARED.

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
2004 BEW Sedan

Hi guys. Update.

The total knee became septic 10 days after surgery. Emergency admit to hospital and lots of good exotic antibiotics. 2 days later, a different orthopedist removed everything installed, scrubbed all tissues, flushed all surgical areas with an antibiotic flush, sterilized the metal bit, and reinstalled everything with all new necessary plastic pieces.

I went home with a PICC line, 6 weeks of home IV antibiotics, and much pain. Copious/various narcotics were my friend.

I'm happy to report that I'm most pain free. No narcs. PT is going well. Without setback, I should be walking well in June.

Garage is closed until I am mended. Eric is out of the picture now, perhaps forever.

If you need help, holler at me. I will refer you to an appropriate guru.

Oh, yeah. We turned in the 09 Jetta on buyback. Cheryl appropriated the Passat. If all goes well, I'll be driving a BEW New Beetle I found in Ohio. I've grown fond of the BEWs...I've got a few bits that I stashed back before I sold the wagon.

Bruce
Bruce could I interest you in my 2004 VW Jetta Sedan 5spd with mods? You know the guys that have done the work on it and maintained it.
Custom Equipment
Forge Motorsport FMIC Front Mounted Intercooler
Rebuilt Bosch Euro Race BOSIO PP 1033 Nozzles WITH 50K WARRANTY
VNT17/22 Hybrid Turbo,
Braided Stainless Steel Turbo Oil Supply Line, SBC Stage-Two
Endurance Clutch with 22 lb.
Custom Malone ECU Tune
Nicktane Diesel Custom 2 micron Filter Assembly
Track Density Strut Mounts, Audi TT Control Arm Bushings,
Jetta Wagon VR6 Springs and Rear German Towing Springs
Purchased and Installed Custom Front Drive Axles by Raxles
Front Sway Bar, Polyurethane Bushings, Dogbone Mount and
Stainless Steel Adjustable Front Sway Bar Link Set
Bilstein HD strut and shocks
TOO MUCH TO LIST HAVE RECIEPTS THAT TOTAL: $12,505.55
http://pics.tdiclub.com/showgallery....&ppuser=120871

Asking $9,955 OBO

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry Bruce blew trough the title and did not see content thought you were retiring. Will be praying for you and your recovery.

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Bruce could I interest you in my 2004 VW Jetta Sedan 5spd with mods?
Custom Equipment

Asking $9,955 OBO
Thanks for the offer. I must decline for several reasons:

1) too much for an unemployed guy....
2) I'm older and more sedate these days. Power doesn't mean as much.....
3) I sold my Jetta wagon because I never felt like I fit well in it. And I'm not fond of Mk 4 Jetta sedans.

Good luck with the sale.