Bora TDi 4Motion build thread

Dodoma

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta White
Because you painted over the silver paint, there is great chance that the new paint will tear off. You should have sanded the old silver paint, applied primer, applied couple of coats, and then baked it in oven. I admire your work of cutting and spot welding. Doing that, you can creat a "new car" from two, one that is damaged in the front and the second that is damaged in the back. Overall, you seems to be a great techinician, body worker, and painter.

Bruno S.

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI, 2000 Jetta TDI 4motion
Thank you everyone on the positive comments. This car really came out way better then I ever thought.

Hahha, of course the car was completely water sanded and primed before paint went on it. It sat in primer and water sanded after a week and then painted and baked.

Bruno S.

TDI
Now running just need to finish a few small things. I do need to know something. The stock 5spd transmission is considered a 02J right? Is the TT 5spd Quattro transmission based off an 02j or an 02m? Any one know

Bruno S.

TDI
Thanks for the quick reply. So it is an 02m. What would be my quickest and most cost effective way to get this thing running on 4motion? Even if I get either a 5 or 6 speed TT drive train I still need TDI gearing, any ideas?

Bruno S.

TDI
i wasn't feeling the orange until i saw it all together - looks awesome. well done!
Thanks, everyone says the same thing, even when I got the car back from paint and it was all orange I started thinking I made a mistake but now that it's all together I'm loving it

BadNewsMike

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI
So are you driving it as is? do you need the axles in there to hold the hub assembly in place? how does it feel with the IRS? could you use the springs off the old jetta or did you NEED r32 springs.

man I almost want to just shoot up there and pick your brain before i cut a giant hole in the floor of mine... lol

03bora

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL
Yeah, for sure. That's gonna be one sweet ride!....and a one of a kind at that! Love to see some more pics of this guy.

03bora

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL
Sorry, my bad. Missed a few pages. WOW! That for sure is tight! Just don't really see many people in my area fix up a TDi nicely....such a shame.

Bruno S.

TDI
So are you driving it as is? do you need the axles in there to hold the hub assembly in place? how does it feel with the IRS? could you use the springs off the old jetta or did you NEED r32 springs.

man I almost want to just shoot up there and pick your brain before i cut a giant hole in the floor of mine... lol
Ya I took apart some old vr6 driveshafts I had for the axle stubs and just put them in the rear for now so the bearing doesn't go bad.

The IRS feels so much better, it's a crazy difference in handling. The rear springs are completely different from the regular mkiv stuff, I actually converted the front to r32 also, rack, lower control arms and the sway bar so I just order Ksport suspension for r32. The fronts are also different because of the sway bar end links hook up to the shock instead of the control arm. Gotta love the close ratio steering rack too :)

Bruno S.

TDI
So I am driving it now, it's completely together now and running great. Kerma tune is awesome!

And I added the racks, christmas gift :)

Bruno S.

TDI
I lowered the compression by running a thicker three hole headgasket, originally the motor used a two hole. I have Race 520 injectors flowed by kerma. VNT 17/22 also from kerma, a 2.5" exhaust from the turbo back with no cat, resonators or muffler. I have a kerma tune. No egr system, stock air box with a Mann filter. A PD150 intake manifold. All stainless steel 2" intercooler pipping going to a stock intercooler, future plans to go with an aluminum Eurodyne smic.

NHgranite

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat CKRA
cool.

I lowered the compression by running a thicker three hole headgasket, originally the motor used a two hole. I have Race 520 injectors flowed by kerma. VNT 17/22 also from kerma, a 2.5" exhaust from the turbo back with no cat, resonators or muffler. I have a kerma tune. No egr system, stock air box with a Mann filter. A PD150 intake manifold. All stainless steel 2" intercooler pipping going to a stock intercooler, future plans to go with an aluminum Eurodyne smic.

Sugarkryptonite

TDI
None
Is this on a stock engine? And by stock I mean pistons...rods...etc?

Also I sent you a PM but you never answered! :(

Bruno S.

TDI
Ya stock internals, I do plan on putting some valve springs and retainers and a mild cam in it next year

Bruno
Evolution
--------------------
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadNewsMike

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI
what are you doing about a fuel tank? are you running a R32 tank or does the OEM diesel tank work with the rear floor setup?

I have almost the same set up but my block is died stock no HG. I lost my last motor due to heat, So I just keep an Eye on egt's I do need some kind of Intercooler. I cant believe the stock one is holding up to 35+psi

m1ketdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Leon BKD
Ya thats most likely what I'm gonna do. Anyone know of any TT 6spd transmissions and diff for sale? Lol
The ultimate in easyness for you would be a gearbox from a Seat Leon Cupra-4 tdi. Pretty much a 4 motion box with Tdi ratios and I believe it will be o2m style too. But they are rare. Only sold to certain non-uk european countries.

Bruno S.

TDI
I used the r32 tank and put a new pd fuel pump in the r32 hanger. You have to use an r32 tank because of the driveshaft and diff. U need the tank to have the hump in it for clearance.

I think that model cupra was available in Portugal perhaps I'll call back home and see if anyone can find one for me. Thanks

Bruno
Evolution
--------------------
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m1ketdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Leon BKD
Also forgot the other option of the Audi A3 quattro tdi which was sold in the uk and probably most of europe...