Can anyone recomend a body shop in hamilton/burlington/waterdown?

h2h

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
So this past sunday an older gentleman, with 2 young passengers cut me off. He was at a right angle to me trying to turn left.. I guess he didnt see me cuz he pulled out right in front of me.. I mashed the brakes and cranked the wheel to the right, but still hit him.. They (and me) were not injured thankfully.. No i wasnt charged or at fault. I dont know if the other driver was charged wiith anything.. Maybe fail to yield the right of way, or carless.. ??

Anyways havent heard back frmo insurance if they are going to fix it, or right it off.. If i had to guess its borderline.. 2003 jetta tdi gls 295,000, leather. I will try to get some pictures posted up.. I know how love/hate jetta carnage is..lol..

So if they fix it, im looking for a decent body shop, that is good with vw's..

Last edited:

Brian_Spilsbury

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 JETTA, 2004 JETTA
every one has a love hate with body shops.
Golden Triangle (Guelph) has been good to me over the years but I know some don't like them much.

electraglide

repairs

if they fix it try and make sure they dont buy used body parts to replace the damaged ones my son had his golf repaired at a Kitchener VW dealer the car started rusting out a year later where they replaced the damaged parts with used ones sometimes its worth paying a bit extra to have the rest of the car painted while they are painting the damaged parts

h2h

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Update.. The adjuster called today and said he thinks thhe car should be written off.. He then called back was surprised at how the cars retain their value. I thought he woulda checked first on value..He wants a body shop to look at it for a proper quote to see if its worth fixing.. He had trouble looking at it in the snow and is looking for fram damage etc.. So thanks electra for the heads up. Im going to try waterdown collision i thinkk if it ends up getting repaired...

Ps. My new mitsu lancer rental gets about 8.5-9 L/100 km :( Looks nice though..

h2h

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
So its going to get repaired. 3200 dammage estimate.. Im going to get get it fixed at waterdown collision.. THeey are useing a mix of new oem vw parts and aftermarked new stuff.. Hope it will still drive proper and not have any wierd issues with drivablity...

Anyways ill post pics and a response on auto work done for future members refrence.. Thanks everyone. :)

BryanK

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
I realize its not located in Hamilton/Burlington/Waterdown, but the shop listed below did some real nice work on my rusted front fenders. Mind you the work was paid for by VW to repair their design flaw, but I was real please with both the work done and the service. Anyway, here is were it went:

CRAIG WATSON - SERVICE REP
FIX AUTO BRANTFORD NORTH
85 LYNDEN RD.
BRANTFORD, ONTARIO
N3R 7J9
fax: (519)756-6401
cell: (519)755-0243
brantfordnorth@fixauto.com

h2h

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Thanks BryanK. It is too far and dont think the insurance would like me towing the car 50 some odd kms.. Lol.. Its getting fixed as we speak, and im quietly confident they will do a good job at waterdown collision.. Thanks again..

P.S. Brantford VW is one of my least favourite dealers.. Never liked them..