www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery

Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Jetta/Bora/or Vento TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old June 8th, 2009, 11:08   #31
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettaJake
I cannot see the pictures ('cause I am at work) but will look when at home this evening -- we have nearly identically modded cars, btw (did I miss mudflaps/splashguards? )
The splashguards were already on my car. Yeah, I had to take them off and put them back on, but I didn't think about describing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzler
Wow. That's some dedication to modification documentation. Basically one giant DIY thread!
Thanks for sharing, nice job on the mods. Bet you can't wait for the RC tuning!
You know, I use everyone's "how-to" posts, and just figured it's time to contribute. Documenting everything made the job go longer, but it was worth it. I created a Word version for myself first, dumped the pictures into Photobucket (created the acct today!), and did a bunch of cut-and-paste to create all of these postings.

My primary motivation was to show my dad and friends what I've been doing to the car.

2003 Jetta GLS TDI with RocketChip RC5-ASV-Euro tune specific to my performance modifications - Platinum Gray

yo
1970 VW Type 3 Squareback - Cobalt Blue (Birdie)

Last edited by rocketeer928; July 22nd, 2017 at 14:32.
rocketeer928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2009, 18:11   #32
thebigarniedog
Master of the Obvious

One word to describe your thread and your car: awesome.
When interviewed about why no diesel for the new F150, Ford responded to effect that diesel makes no sense in the 1/2 ton market. That brilliance should be repeated in every Ram 1500 eco-diesel commercial.

OCD TDICLUB MEMBER # 1
thebigarniedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2009, 18:43   #33
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigarniedog
One word to describe your thread and your car: awesome.
Danke sehr!

2003 Jetta GLS TDI with RocketChip RC5-ASV-Euro tune specific to my performance modifications - Platinum Gray

yo
Old June 22nd, 2009, 14:51   #34
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketeer928
The upper intercooler pipe was not long enough to reach the rubber elbow that connects to the DG race pipe. Fortunately, an approx. 3-inch metal tube the same diameter as the upper intercooler pipe was shipped along with the parts (must be a reason dont you think?). I stretched the OEM rubber hose that went between the OEM air intake tube and the OEM VNT 15 turbo on the extra metal tube and the upper intercooler pipe. This combination provided just enough length to the rubber elbow with the use of an extra stainless steel T-bolt clamp.

The short piece of tubing you describe and installed here at the question mark pipe is supposed to connect between the 45 degree elbow and the 90 degree elbow down by the headlight on this upper pipe. that will give the upper pipe the length it needs to reach the question mark pipe.

unless Peter has changed his kit since I got my preproduction setup...

BTW, where did the Exhaust/DP come from?

Awesome Thread BTW!

Schmutz 2015 GSW S DSG
Schnurren 2001 Golf 2 door.
Growler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 19:57   #35
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

I DID NOT KNOW THAT! Ugh...

The upgraded IC pipes didn't come with directions or a diagram, so I made it up as I went along. I never did use that 90 degree elbow, and wondered what it was for. Now, should I go back and re-plumb or leave it be??? Hmm...

I bought the exhaust and downpipe through Peter and George at TDI Parts.
Thanks for the compliment on my thread. I'll be posting more soon on a few other things I did recently.

yo

Last edited by rocketeer928; July 22nd, 2017 at 14:33.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 20:06   #36
Havokk
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 1998 Jetta
Fuel Economy: 46-54, better if i were to clean the garbage out of my passanger seat, must be 60lbs of garbage there. who the hell has time for that crap?

nicely documented. great addition to the site
Havokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 03:25   #37
Greaseburger
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Best of 53.8

I am looking forward to seeing a dyno after your Rc this past weekend

Greaseburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 06:50   #38
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greaseburger
I am looking forward to seeing a dyno after your Rc this past weekend
I likewise

yo

Last edited by rocketeer928; July 22nd, 2017 at 14:34.
Old June 24th, 2009, 19:31   #39
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

Default Modifications: June 2009

During June 2009 and before the Ho5G get-together on June 20th to get the RC4 chip tuning, I installed the following modifications on my 2003 VW Jetta TDI:

Agricultural Strainer CCV
New Parking Brake Cable
EuroJet Side-Mount Intercooler and Vented Fender Housing
LED Taillights
Cut Exhaust Tip and Rear Spoiler with Cut-out

yo

Last edited by rocketeer928; June 30th, 2009 at 09:52.
Old June 24th, 2009, 19:37   #40
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

Default Agricultural Strainer CCV Installation

I purchased the following parts:
  • Agricultural polypropylene strainer (Part Nr. 2114130) and nylon fittings from Tractor Supply Company
  • Stainless steel scrubber from a local grocery store
  • Easy-tightening screw clamps from a local auto supply store
  • 1-inch OD, -inch ID braided vinyl tubing from a local home supply store

Placed stainless steel scrubber into the mesh of the agricultural strainer.

Assembled the agricultural strainer and installed nylon fittings using Teflon tape. Boiled one end of the braided vinyl tubing in water to fit onto the CCV puck.

Cut and fitted tubing to size from where the CCV puck sits on the valve cover to where I was going to install the agricultural strainer and back to the OMI connector. Placed the tubing from the CCV puck to the strainer underneath the a small coolant hose, and placed the tubing from the OMI connector to the strainer underneath fuel lines Nr. 3 & 4. Cable tied the agricultural strainer to the Dieselgeek by-pass filter, which means I will have to cut it loose every time I need to empty the strainer of collected oil.

yo

Last edited by rocketeer928; July 22nd, 2017 at 14:44.
Old June 26th, 2009, 10:38   #41
n8ronJ
Veteran Member

I just spent my whole lunchbreak loving this thread. I have a 2003 also but I'm still bone stock. Wish I had the cash to play and mod. Someday...

Us western New Yorkers are trying to set up a gtg this summer. Wanna make a road trip to show off?

-n8

sold2003 Jetta GLS TDI, 275k, Platinum Grey, 5 Speed, SBC Stage2 Daily, Evo Atlas Skidplate, RC3
n8ronJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2009, 18:03   #42
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8ronJ
I just spent my whole lunchbreak loving this thread. I have a 2003 also but I'm still bone stock. Wish I had the cash to play and mod. Someday...
Us western New Yorkers are trying to set up a gtg this summer. Wanna make a road trip to show off?
-n8

I actually grew up in WNY (Niagara and Orleans Counties) and much of family, including the folks, are still there. When is the GTG, and where exactly? No promises...

One thing I can't stand about WNY is how the big bugs plaster the front of your car in the summer. We don't get that in CT.

GO SABRES & BILLS!

yo

Last edited by rocketeer928; July 22nd, 2017 at 14:45.
Old June 29th, 2009, 04:52   #43
n8ronJ
Veteran Member

Rocketeer928-
Our bugs are in full force. When they aren't coating the front of your ride, they are biting you by your peaceful bonfire.
Niagara/Orleans counties, eh? Small world - I grew up in Gasport, lived in Lockport when I got married and 2 years ago we moved to Barker. We haven't escaped WNY... what's it like? there's got to be a world out there with championship winning pro sports.
We've got T.O. now - you want to move back? :-)

Our potential WNY GTG will probably be in Rochester. No date/location yet. My summer is filling fast so I'm hoping to make it myself. Love my TDI but family is first. :-)
In the Eastern USA part of the forum there's a Buffalo/Rochester thread that talks about the GTG. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=242165

sold2003 Jetta GLS TDI, 275k, Platinum Grey, 5 Speed, SBC Stage2 Daily, Evo Atlas Skidplate, RC3
Old June 29th, 2009, 05:25   #44
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

I read the thread. I'll keep an eye out for date and location.

I was born in Albion, grew up in Middleport, escaped after leaving Roy-Hart, went to school at Ohio Univ. (not OSU), and then UMass at Amherst. Got a job in CT 18 years ago and haven't left (yet). There's nothing wrong with WNY, though. I still have my ties with family, the Sabres, and the Bills.

yo

Last edited by rocketeer928; July 22nd, 2017 at 14:46.
Old June 29th, 2009, 05:40   #45
n8ronJ
Veteran Member

What year did you graduate Roy-Hart? I'm a '92 grad. But I'm thinking that you're a couple years older than I.

I don't mean to hi-jack your thread, btw. So, I'll get back near topic I guess. After doing all these mods, what would you say I should concentrate on doing first to my car? I'm leaning more toward RC2/RC3 and then going for bigger nozzles. My goal is to spice up the driving experience but also keep my mileage up (if I drive it w/o playing too much).
I don't have much money to play with so I'd like to be strategic about the enhancements.

-n8