www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery

Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Jetta/Bora/or Vento TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old August 29th, 2006, 17:48   #16
Stealth TDI
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Hi,

I've always wanted to make a TDI-related video. Of course, it had to be based upon the transformation of my TDI. So here is my opus:

640x480 HI RES VERSION (27-Mb... right-click, save-as...)

320x240 MED RES VERSION (7.5-Mb)

Enjoy,

Scott
Stealth TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2006, 13:34   #17
tdiflorida

Great job with the video! I felt like getting in my Jetta and turning up the music. Great song to go with the video. Thanks for posting this!
Old September 9th, 2006, 15:26   #18

Fuel Economy: Dunno Yet, but better than my truck.

Great Video! I have a Beetle......Think I could be the Beetle Version of Stealth?!?!?!?!?
Everywhere I Travel...
1001100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2006, 15:51   #19
Stealth TDI
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001100
Think I could be the Beetle Version of Stealth?!?!?!?!?
Only if you have a bunch of neat stuff packed in there and hidden from sight. Thanks for the remarks, everyone!

Scott
Old September 16th, 2006, 07:58   #20
DannyRay

Fuel Economy: 38
Thumbs up Inspired

Scott, You inpired me and I have a 2002 GLS that I have tried to keep stock looking as well (stealth). I have larger nozzles and chip tune and hidden glass pack with turn down and a cheezed air box. If you open the hood it looks stock. The mustangs don't like it when they can't leave me in the dust on the highway. I would like to try an auto-x someday if I get some tires. I have Montreal II's 16" wheels on it. What would you suggest for tires? A guy has some 225/50-16's I can get used.
DannyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2006, 06:36   #21
Stealth TDI
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Hi,

It depends on whether you want tires you can drive on the street every day or if you want to have a separate set of wheels just for racing. For every day tires, I recommend Azenis RT-615s. I don't know if they're available in your size... I use 195/60R14... and they're CHEAP for what you get. Check www.edgeracing.com for your size. But they're not good in the winter if it snows where you are. If you have a separate set of wheels, visit The Tire Rack and search for "COMPETITION" tires. Something will come up. No matter what you choose, the difference over a street tire will be amazing!

Good Luck,

Scott
Old September 23rd, 2006, 14:44   #22
dlai
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Up There

Hey Scott, long time no talk. Just wanted to say your car is looking better than ever! How was the response to your car at the car show? Lots of interest in the TDI and your experiences? Just wondering....

Chainless Since 4/22/09
dlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 17:38   #23
Stealth TDI
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Thanks, Dan!

Not as much interest since the appearance is so subdued. I still get plenty of shocks over the 55-mpg sticker under the hood. I'm also considering a slimmed down version of my display with larger text. I think most folks wanna take a quick peek... not stand in front of the car and read all of that crap.

I took first place in the TDI Fest's A3 class with a "Jekyll & Hyde" theme:

Hauling that setup such a distance and then setting it up at the hotel was a PITA. So I think I'm reserving that theme for local shows only.

I recently attended H2O International and took third place in the 98+ A3 Mild category:

Again, the car's appearance is pretty subdued. So I'm honored to have been recognized at such a large event with so much competition. I was certain the "cooler" modded cars would have eclipsed me. My attention to detail must have made the difference.

Take Care,

Scott
Old September 26th, 2006, 16:35   #24
compu_85
Gadget Guy

Were you sitting right by your car all day? I would be afraid of someone helping themselves to the goodies in the trunk.

I have to admit I copied you at a show I entered in a while back, and my VAG-COM got locked inside when I wasn't around.

-Jason
2012 Passat SE TDI DSG. 112,000 miles. Factory Alarm, LED tails, Memory Seat, HIDs 38/48 MPG. Buy it from us!
2004 Touareg V10 TDI. 165,000 miles.
99.5 Jetta "GLX" TDI. 310,000 miles. Half way there!!! Power Memory Seats, HIDs 11mm pump, BV39 Turbo, RCIII 36/47 MPG.
1991 Mercedes 350SDL 230,000 miles, 70,000 on engine. 18/27 MPG.
Past:
1988 Audi 5000S Quattro, 1992 Jetta ECOdiesel, 1991 Jetta ECOdiesel.

Check out the official TDIClub Chat Room!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUSSELS BELGIAN View Post
Maybe I should pay MYSELF to do bad work on my car!

Last edited by compu_85; September 26th, 2006 at 16:39.
compu_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 17:15   #25
Stealth TDI
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Hi,

I felt pretty safe at the TDI Fest. We were in pretty good company. Regardless, the most expensive thing in the trunk that day was my helmet. That "tool box" is just a $45 kit for minor stuff. I got it just for shows and maybe a minor job at my part-time residence in MD.

I was a LITTLE concerned at H2Oi. I had all of my bags packed from my trip home. But I never took anything out. I didn't stay at a hotel; so no one ever saw what I placed back there... especially the laptop (all black bags in a black trunk... tough to see details). With the exception of the laptop and some clothes, everything in the trunk was pretty inexpensive. Even without the laptop, it would hurt if someone took it ALL ($45 toolkit, $15 fuel can, fuel filter, oil filter, etc... it all adds up). But the casual thief would likey have taken just one thing. Any more that a quick single-item snatch would've taken BALLS in broad daylight with lots of people around. But I guess anything can happen.

Oh, what did you copy from my car? My trunk display? I haven't bothered to set out the VAG-COM as a display item. That's too expensive and to easy to snatch. I've considered making a dummy VAG-COM to set out at shows. That would be a good test to see what kind of folks are checking out my car.

Take Care,

Scott

Last edited by Stealth TDI; October 25th, 2007 at 13:27.
Old September 30th, 2006, 10:10   #26
oakdog8

The opposite of a ricemobile is a sleeper
oakdog8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2006, 11:30   #27
Stealth TDI
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

ANOTHER VIDEO... 6Mb, short, sweet, and to the point...

Scott
Old September 30th, 2006, 16:42   #28
arvina
Veteran Member

Location: Brazoria (or as we call it, an hour south of houston), Texas
Fuel Economy: 42 min, 48 max

awsome, and always great music too
Old September 30th, 2006, 17:36   #29
compu_85
Gadget Guy

I had a biodiesel jug, some tools and a tool box, a fuel filter, and my vag-com. I thought it looked pritty smart Several people asked me about biodiesel, it was nice to inform them!

-J
compu_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 17:12   #30
Stealth TDI
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

The best mod yet: THE PIXAR MOD...