$2000 Top up payment coming my way!!!

Dr Chill

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 A8L TDI
Just got my final figure from Audi after getting the fix on my A8. I got a half payment several months ago of $4292 and was expecting another $4292. The payment coming will be $2000 higher. Woohoo!!!!! That was totally unexpected.

Anyone else experience this?

mbrunner

TDI
2011 Touareg
Did you actually receive the top-up payment already and it was confirmed to you? or are you still expecting that?

I have been working with VW Counsel and harassing VW claims since July for the remaining retribution owed.

*Nevermind* you were getting the fix... my bad :D

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Just got my final figure from Audi after getting the fix on my A8. I got a half payment several months ago of $4292 and was expecting another $4292. The payment coming will be $2000 higher. Woohoo!!!!! That was totally unexpected.

Anyone else experience this?
Strange, why?

Dr Chill

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 A8L TDI
Not certain but I suspect the prior lessee didn't fulfill the requirements to get a payment, and now it's in my bank account. Now just waiting for the remainder from Bosch.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Waiting (again) on Bosch. What a screwy system they are using.

3hkdad

TDI
2015 Q7
Dr. Chill - PM sent. I got the exact opposite. I received an email today stating that I had to resubmit as a lessee. I originally started my claim as an owner with my VIN indicating a substantial claim. After a phone call w/VW GOA, they reinforced that the VIN was associated with a prior lease. I purchased the Q7 about 2 weeks ago so I'm fairly new to this process. I've been trying to read up as much as I can. Hope to get some clarification and congrats on the Top up.

Big R

TDI
2015 Audi A3, 2015 Audi Q5
Yeah...I'm in same boat at 3hkdad...Q5 showed full restitution ($9000) "available" when I purchased the car, but claim offer is for 1/2 of lessee amount ($1000)...OUCH!

Let me know if you make any progress.

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
Those of us with 2nd hand 2.0s aren't getting the second half of the restitution payment at all, let alone a reduced amount. The portal says how much we're entitled to, but no one has successfully received it and reported back here.