www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Golf TDI Picture Gallery

Golf TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Golf TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old February 19th, 2017, 18:43   #31
algirdas
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 98 jetta AHU

All the right mods! That'll be a fun ride
Old February 19th, 2017, 23:00   #32
bbarbulo
Veteran Member

i spy a shiny new short shifter too?
Old February 20th, 2017, 04:13   #33
bobbiemartin
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarbulo View Post
i spy a shiny new short shifter too?
Yes, I mentioned it in post#16. It's a short throw part from a Golf R.

bobbiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 19:05   #34
bobbiemartin
Veteran Member

It's been a while but I'm still working on the Golf.

I installed new Cupra R rear bushings (6LL 501 541) it was easier to remove the rear axle. Not an easy or fun job! It's back in place with new brake pads & rotors to match the front. Also got Shine Racing Real Street Springs and Bilstein TC shocks.

Installed a PD Lift Pump

and a 2.5 stainless steel downpipe & tailpipe

Still sorting out the PD150 vent pipe, I think I have a solution. It actually runs now, in fact I drove it around the block last week.

One thing I did was to have a flexible line installed on the power steering hose. They cut the steel line and welded on AN fittings. Then made a hose with AN hose ends to connect the metal pipes. Makes running the PS hose around the 6 speed a little easier. The clamp is on a 1.5 tall standoff bolted to the transmission mount. I like it a lot better than trying to bend a 5 speed hose to fit.

And here it is off the jack stands! The wheels are powder coated Force with 205/55 16 Yokohama S Drive tires. Haven't installed the wheel centers yet or even cleaned them up from mounting them. Started on the interior, the headliner is out at the upholstery shop.

Old April 25th, 2017, 12:39   #35
bobbiemartin
Veteran Member

Another busy weekend, but not much to show. I got all the black interior parts from a parts car. Stripped out the interior of the Golf. It's probably good to good clean every 15 years or so!

http://s66.photobucket.com/user/bobbiemartin/media/2001%20VW%20Golf/1789_zpsf7thfblf.jpg.html][/URL]
Interior all out. After this pic was taken, I put the black carpet in along with a few interior bits.

http://s66.photobucket.com/user/bobbiemartin/media/2001%20VW%20Golf/1786_zpsfsy3ob2n.jpg.html][/URL]
Installed a vented fender liner from a Jetta City.

Got a few little things to do, then it's off to another body shop to fix the paint on the top while the headliner is out. The first body shop couldn't seem to get it right after taking a month. Fortunately State Farm is paying for that one. I've also ordered a new front bumper. The original one is cracked so I'll have that painted as well.