proud new owner of a one owner 04 Passat TDI

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
On my 2004 Passat TDI is there a way to manually reset the miles to "0" on the center display? I have noticed from time to time it sets itself to 0 or just a few miles left to fill up with a full or close to full fuel tank>>>/???
I have done some reading but not really found an answer, I'm not sure what is going on with how it is the calculating of the distance down to 0 miles to empty....
Is this the MFA you're talking about?

There's a whole slew of things it can display which you can cycle through with controls on the wiper stalk. MFA 1 is current trip data, MFA 2 is data that is saved from the last time it was manually reset. To reset it, be sure you've selected MFA 2 and press and hold the OK button on the bottom of the wiper stalk.

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
Is this the MFA you're talking about?
There's a whole slew of things it can display which you can cycle through with controls on the wiper stalk. MFA 1 is current trip data, MFA 2 is data that is saved from the last time it was manually reset. To reset it, be sure you've selected MFA 2 and press and hold the OK button on the bottom of the wiper stalk.

Thanks, I did not know we could change that screen in any way with our special US/Canada Passat TDI cars, I was under the impression we had a highly dumbed down version at best of a not really accessible multi-function-computer in these cars....

I did find that toggle switch on the end of the wiper stalk...but I'm still not completely sure how to access mfa 1 or 2...willl have to play with some more...

Btravelen

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 TDI Passat Variant
The button at the bottom of the stalk pressed once and release selects MFA 1 or 2. Pressing it and holding it for a couple of seconds resets the selected MFA. The toggle on the end of the stalk scrolls through the functions.

If yours is like a lot of BHWs, the MFA may dim down from the top of the display when it's warm. There is/was a place to sent it in to be fixed but I never did.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
What is the safe BD% mix for use in PD engines

What was the percent of BD that was agreed to be the safe amount in these PD engines? I have been mixing in B20 since I got it back in December about 2,000 miles clocked at this point.